Questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing.
1. What is your zodiac sign?
Leo/Virgo. To be really specific, I'm a Leo/Virgo with a Capricorn ascendant, Moon in Cancer with five planets in Virgo in the 9th house and an inherent bullshit meter as my Saturn sits in Aries in the 4th. So I like lists. So shoot me.
2. What is your favorite color?
Depends on the day, but teal blue, pillarbox red and royal blue come to mind.
3. What’s your lucky number?
64. I've always loved the Beatles song.
4. What talents do you have?
I can use scissors with my left hand. I play the flute badly. I can pick a lock if I have to.
5. Are you psychic in any way?
Yes. I read tarot professionally which I suppose puts me in reasonably good stead as a psychic. But I'm only a little bit psychic.
6. Favorite song?
Always has been and always will be Australian Crawl's "Reckless". Here's an acoustic version for you.
7. How many pillows do you sleep with?
4. But one goes on the floor, two for the head and one to cuddle.
8. What position do you usually sleep in?
On my stomach, on arm thrown over my head.
9. Have you ever tried archery?
Nope. Me and sharp, fast moving objects don't mix.
10. What’s the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
About 48 hours. I need at least a few hours sleep each night - it's not pretty if I don't.
11. Do you have any scars?
A couple. There are scars down the back of my ankles where they elongated my achilles tendons. I had abdominal surgery a few years ago and there are marks where the tools went in. Oh, and a small scar in my eyebrow from when my sister clocked me over the head with a five iron when I was eleven. Never liked golf after that.
12. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
Oh, sort of, but we don't talk about that.
13. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
After living in London for eight years I am known to have a bit of a generic British Accent. Fooled somebody from South Carolina one night in Greece when I told him I came from Alabama. We must have been drunk.
14. Are you a good judge of character?
Normally, yes. The Saturn in Aries gives me a good bullshit meter.
15. Can you curl your tongue?
16. Are you a clean or messy person?
I am clean, but I'm rather untidy. Just because I'm messy doesn't mean I'm unclean.
17. How long does it take for you to get ready?
Depends on the day and the event. I take an hour in the morning before work to get ready, but that's because I like to dawdle. Other times its ten minutes. If I'm going out, it can take longer.
18. Do you have much of an ego?
I'm a Leo. Of course I have an ego. I do try and keep it in check, I will say in my defense.
19. Do you talk to yourself?
All the time. Sometimes I even listen to myself.
20. Do you sing to yourself?
Only when I'm alone. Or stressed. I like singing. Pity I can't carry a tune in a bucket.
21. Can you name all 50 states of America?
With a bit of difficulty. I'm Australian so why do I need to know these things? Remember doing this exercise on a road trip. We came up with all of them except Minnesota. Like what is in Minnesota anyway?
22. Have you ever been scuba diving?
No. I'm not sure I like the idea of open water.
23. What makes you nervous?
Spiders and getting on the down escalators.
24. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
Sometimes. Depends on the mistake. Grammar, when people are repeat offenders. I got into trouble for correcting a manager who didn't know the difference between bought and brought. Did my head in.
25. Are you ticklish?
26. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
27. How many piercings do you have?
Four. Both ears, twice. That counts, yes?
28. Can you roll your Rs?
Six years of French has seen to that. Yes.
29. How fast can you type?
Around 60 wpm last time I checked.
30. What are you allergic to?
Sulpha drugs (the stuff they use instead of penicillin) I'm also slightly allergic to cats. It's a bugger that..
31. Do you keep a journal?
Yes. It's called this blog.
32. Do you like your age?
I'm content with my age. I'm strangely at peace being in my mid forties.
33. What makes you angry?
Injustice. Sexism. Racism. Bigots. Senses of entitlement. Pretty much anything the current Australian Federal Government is doing at the moment and has done since September last year.
34. Were your ancestors royalty?
Nope. They were Cornish and Welsh tin miners.
Right, starting a new job tomorrow. Best get to bed.