Thursday, July 26, 2018

24 Days: Old CDs

It's been a little bit of a struggle to find something to write about of late. Call it the Winter Blues. Call it the fact that there is far too much to do at the moment. Call it that I might be getting sick - I just feel a bit run down at the moment and just want to go to bed. Maybe I'm just panicking as I know I have to be in the gym at 6.15 tomorrow morning and I know that I may not get a good night's sleep.

But I made a promise to myself to blog every day until my birthday, and this I will do - I'm not giving up now.

Finding things to write about is being a bit hard.

So today, I think I have to tell you about my CD collection.

Yes, I still own CDs.

Most of these sit in what has been referred to as "The Room Where Shoes Go to Die". I call it my rather messy spare room.

In here, there is a CD stack with about 100 CDs in there.

I spent some time last night looking at the last vestiges of my youth, looking over this motley collection of CDs. There is some cringe worthy stuff in there. Like who the hell is Nerina Pallot? There are the discs which make you lose your street credibility - which I thought I lost at Trivia at work a few weeks ago at work. I quickly tried to hide the Phil Collins CDs - which I still sort of like. But don't tell anybody.

Then there are the multitude of compilation albums - which I still think are good value, as you can associate these with periods of your life. For me, it's university and London.

Looking over one of these discs, I found some gems.

I wonder what ever happened to Skunk Anansie? I don't think I've heard this song in twenty years.

I forgot how good it was.

It deserves more than to be lost in the room where shoes go to die.


Today's Song:


No comments: