Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Another day of it

 I'm sitting down to write. It's the first meaningful thing I've written today and it's 9.15 pm. 

I started work at 8 am. 

I shut the computer down at 6.15 pm. 

There was a mason's rehearsal at 6.30 pm.

I've just got home. 

Today I interviewed two people for a role in the team. One was great, and I hope they will take the job. When I mentioned that Roy Kent was my spirit animal and she knew exactly who I was talking about. With masses of experience, I hope they gets through the second interview. 

The second interview, the candidate wasn't as strong, without the experience of the first one,  but they had a quiet determination about them and came across as a great person - just not the right person for this juob

The notes were written up, singing the praises of the first, and saying nice things about the second person, saying they could be good for a normal business job. 

I really don't like the fact that I have to judge these people. Ah well, joys of a new role. 

Other things that happened was I spent the day wrangling the Compliance department. Wrangling lawyers is like herding cats. That is all I will say. 

And then there was the mason's rehearsal. I managed to get in some dinner after I left work at 6.00 pm and before I left for rehearsals at 6.25 pm. I also read a few pages of my book, luxuriating in my reading chair like a queen. 

And now I am here. Just buggered. 

On the good side of things, the cat launched himself at me for a cuddle when I was sitting on the loo. How can you say no to a cuddle when that happens? 

I think an hour on the couch watching Dopesick will do me good. (it's on Apple TV and it is awesome - Michael Keaton and Michael Stuhlbarg, among some other fantastic up and comers. Worth a watch.) That and lying on my bed of nails for a bit will do me the world of good.

It's just been another day of it. 

Today's song: 



No comments: