Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday Stealing: Conversations

 Another weekend, another few days of doing all sorts of things. I'm logged into my work laptop finishing off some things ready for tomorrow. It just goes on and on. At least the weather is good so the washing is all done and dried. It's the small things which are keeping me sane at the moment. 

Questions for this week, as always, have been supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieve?

I really, really want to write and publish successful novels. Looking at the process, this is a crazy and outrageous thing to be wanting to do. 

2. Have your parents influenced what goals you have?

No, not at all. 

3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away.

Oh, just look to the eighties. Double denim has always been a crime against humanity. That and those jeans which are so low cut you can see the top of your pubic hair. They are pretty awful too. 

And leg of mutton sleeves. 

And leggings which are worn as pants, and not just as exercise wear, or worn under long tops. 

There are lots of others, but these are my main bugbears. 

4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back?

Bonza. Great Australian word. 

I also like cockwomble, which I'm told means "A completely useless person that spouts constant bullshit". We have a few of them in our Federal Parliament. 

5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go?

My phone, my purse and my sunglasses. 

6. Is there such a thing as a soul?

Yes. Well I like to think there is. 

7. Is there life after death?

I do believe in reincarnation. I don't know how it works, but I'm pretty sure it is out there. 

8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war?

Unfortuately, yes, but I hope I'm not around for it. It won't look like the last two world wars. That is all I know. 

9. What smell brings back great memories?

Juicy Fruit chewing gum always reminds me of my dad. Polo and Cool Water aftershave remind me of special people. Cookie Man cookies remind me of my Grandfather. 

10. How would you like to be remembered?

As a good, kind and intelligent person. That will be enough. 

11. What kind of music are you into?

A bit of everything, from rock, classical, alternative, even a bit of jazz. It's easier to say what I don't like, which is Country and Western, and Death Metal. Also I don't like overplayed pop - artists like Adele, Ed Sheeran and the like. I find when music gets overplayed, it's grating and I get turned off for life. 

12. What is the biggest surprise of your life?

I really can't think of one. 

13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Ice cream. 

14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been?

Westminster Abbey in London. I've been many times, but I love the history of the building. Coming from a country with only 250 years of documented European history to see all of the dates on the tombs, and the magnificence of the place, it is just amazing. 

15. Describe your life in six words

Busy, strange, quiet, interesting, active and fun. 

Today's song: 



3 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

Would love to see Westminster Abbey someday....

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

#1. It is difficult but you can self-publish these days I think. I would read your novels, so that's one sale you have.

#4 I love the word "cockwomble" and I think it originates from something very rude - but very apt.

#14. It's a great building, isn't it? I've been to a service there - the first years of my school went down to London every year because Queen Mary (the founder of my school) is buried there.

I also love that Howard Jones song.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lisa said...

Reading your answers made me think of Old Spice Men's After Shave -- my daddy wore it and I loved that.
You just taught me a new favorite word - cockwomble - that is an awesome meaning!