Monday, February 14, 2022

Not much to say tonight

 It's been a long day at work, in the office - and I have no idea how we got any work done at all in there. 

I got in at 8 am. I left at 6 pm. For once, I got a lunch break, goiing out with the girls from Training and having a sit down lunch in a cafe. It was great to meet the rest of the team. Even better, one of them appreciated that my eclectic reading tastes ran from Vampire romance to a classic psychological texts (currently reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and listening to Victor E Frankel's Man's Search for Meaning - Non-fiction about his time in a Concentration Camp. From the ridiculous to the sublime I say.)

Anyway, my colleague and I left at 6 pm and I have absolutely nothing to show for the day. 

I know I did some coaching. I also had my performance review, and did a bit of work on the performance reviews for my team. And put out a few fires. 

But being in the office with people, just a few people - means  you talk to people - and consequently get nothing done. 

I'm working from home tomorrow. I've got no meetings, so hopefully I'll be left alone to get some real work done. The cat isn't anywhere as chatty as my colleagues. 

But I'm still wondering how we ever got anything done in the office environment.

Today's song: 



No comments: