Thursday, February 17, 2022

Yeah, right

On the good side of things, I don't have COVID. 

And the parents, who have both been diagnosed with COVID, are doing very well. They're all but healthy - Mum has the sniffles, my step-dad is basically well. 

And it's been suggested that the stomach ache I had the other night might have been a gall bladder attack. Hmm, excruciating pain in the upper stomach - check. Nausea and vomiting - check. Jaundice - well the whites of my eyes are a bit yellow - check. Hmm. Saying this, things are settling down now, but still. Not what's needed. But I've contained this in the past, I'll get in in check again (Rest, buscopan, clean the diet up even more - but it's pretty good at the moment so I don't know what's to clean up). 

My  "yeah, right" moment came this afternoon. So, I go onto the web to book a hire car for a trip I'm taking to Adelaide in April - just getting the car booked is a good thing - get it out the way. One of those odd jobs that needs to be done. 

So I go onto my favourite car hire webside (www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au - they compare all the car hire places so you can get the best deal.)

I need the car for three days - Saturday til Monday. Last time I hired a car that cost be about $150-$200. 

This time around - $500!!!

Seriously. 

Anyway, I looked a bit further. That was the going rate for a little rattler. A tinderbox. 

$500 used to get you a top of the range Audi or something like that. 

But no, $500 for a Suzuki Swift or some other buzz box of that ilk - something that would struggle to get up Willunga Hill without a tail wind. No thanks. 

Hmph. 

Anyway, I called my mother soon after this - told her she's going to have to come and collect me from the airport - then asked if I could drive my step-dad's ute around for the weekend. This is what you get when you're an adult child living interstate - occassionally you have to borrow the ute. I'll have to remember how to drive a manual again. I'm from the country - that will be fine. 

It's that or find a friend to take me down there. There's no public transport to Myponga. Getting a pick up sounds like a grand plan to me. 

Anyway, as things are improving I give you one of the best things to come out of Adelaide, other than me and Hills Hoists and Kitchener Buns - the Hilltop Hoods...

Today's song: