Sunday, September 10, 2023

Far too much to do.

 So here's the rub. I'm leaving for Europe in nineteen day's time and my poor old ADHD addled/ Leo/Virgoan brain is going into overdrive. Yes, Virgos love a good list.. And before you tell me to calm the hell down, this is just me in planning mode, knowing that if I get all of this done, things will go well. 

Anyway, here's what's on for the next few weeks. 

Today:

  • Do some more cleaning -in particular, the floors. 
  • Go out to Blarney and Barney's and pick up Lucifer's spare scratching post.
  • Do a few more French lessons so I can stay in the Obsidian League (If you're on Duolingo, you'll understand. 
  • Try and get the last 5000 steps in for the day, thus finishing the Steps challenge at work.
Tomorrow (September 11):
  • Go to work (at home)
  • Do my food shopping at lunchtime. 
  • Train a new team member. (Joy)
  • In the evening, meet up with Jonella and her Mum for dinner. Jonella's Mum is over from Johannesburg. I'm not sure I'll see her again. 
Tuesday (September 12): 
  • Go to work (possibly in the office)
  • I believe we have a quiz night after work. I like quiz nights. Don't have the details, but I'm the ring in, allegedly. 
Wednesday (September 13):
  • Go to work (Possibly in the office)
  • Session with Cleo online after work. 
Thursday (September 14): 
  • Go to work (At home)
  • Get the legs waxed at lunchtime.
  • Session with Twelve in the evening. 
  • Lots of cleaning and tidying for impeding house guest. 
Friday (September 15):
  • Go to work (At home)
  • Call my favourite tradie to see about when he wants to come in and paint the inside of the windows (and architraves) while I'm away. 
  • Leave work a little early to drive down to Cheltenham to get my hair cut and coloured. 
  • Get home and greet Kaz, who is coming over from Adelaide for the Masons' convention - she's getting the last plane from Adelaide so this works with the hairdresser.
Saturday (September 16 - Rosh Hoshana)
  • Remember not to go to meditation in Caulfield because it is Rosh Hashana.
  • Go see the Podiatrist about the foot again at 8.30. 
  • Instead go to the temple and be the meet and greet person for the Convention. 
  • Get Kaz to her Masons's meeting at the temple at 10 a.m.
  • Participate in the Grand Occasional event at the Temple in the afternoon.
  • Go out to dinner with the masons in the evening.
Sunday (September 17)
  • See Kaz off to the airport. 
  • Pack, tidy, sort the car out with cat accouterments etc
  • Take Lucifer around to Aunty Ora's place in Elwood. 
  • Come home, finish packing. 
  • Late afternoon, go to the airport and go to Darwin. 
  • In Darwin, unpack, unwind, take a sleeping pill and bomb myself out for the night with a Stilnox. 
Monday - Wednesday (September 18-20)
  • Work out of Darwin.
  • Dinner with colleagues one of those nights.
  • Hoping to see another old friend another night.
  • Get exercise in when I can. 
Thursday (21 September)
  • Work out of Darwin.
  • Pack.
  • Relax in the evening. 
  • Go to the airport late and catch the 1 a.m. Red Eye back from Darwin (Thanks, Qantas)
Friday (22 September)
  • Arrive back in Melbourne around 5.30 a.m. (Joy)
  • Struggle with the Melbourne early morning tradie traffic - although this time I don't have to pick up the cat. 
  • Freshen up.
  • Go to work.
  • Pretend to work for most of the day. 
  • In the evening, go collect Lucifer from Aunty's place.
  • Buy Aunty Ora fish and chips as a thank you for looking after the lad. 
  • Come home and crash.
Saturday (23 September)
  • Practice Packing. Start moving items into the spare room. 
  • Go to Bunnings and buy Lucifer a spider plant
  • Purchase cat accouterments for while I'm away. 
  • Spend time with the cat - mind you, he loves me and he's always happy when he's home. 
Sunday (24 September)
  • Go to the gym in the morning.
  • Masons in the afternoon. 
  • More surreptitious organising for holiday. 
Monday (25 September)
  • Wish my mother a happy birthday.
  • Work from home. 
  • Possibly see one trainer or the other in the evening. 
  • Get the packing organised.
Tuesday (26 September)
  • Work from home. 
  • Pick up last bits and pieces for the trip.
  • Maybe go to the gym that evening. 
Wednesday (27 September)
  • Work from the office.
  • Have eyebrows waxed at lunchtime. 
  • See the shrink after work. 
  • Take Lucifer around to Aunty Jay's place, where he will reside for the next three weeks. 
  • Get packed. 
  • Feel bad about leaving the cat with Aunty Jay. 
Thursday (28 September)
  • Work from home. 
  • Do my timesheet before I leave work so I get paid for that week. 
  • Finish packing. 
  • Rest up. 
  • Do a final wash and tidy. 
Friday (29 September)
  • Get an Uber at stupid 'o'clock to the airport. 
  • 5.15 a.m. Fly to London. 
  • Start holiday properly.

And I look at this list and now know why I'm feeling a little overwhelmed...


No comments: