Sunday, September 24, 2023

Packing Part One

 I've not technically started packing for this trip, but things are being dumped on my reading chair, in preparation for being packed into the big suitcase before I make my way to the airport in the wee hours on Friday morning. It's a bit hard to believe that after a year of planning, this is all coming together. 

The cat is being very sooky. He knows something is up. Mind you, I've already taken around the bulk of his stuff to Jay's place, so when it does come time to move him, it's a quick, easy transfer. 

But back to the joys of packing. 

I hate it. 

I'll overpack, but not by too much. I'm just worried about the weather. It looks like London's weather is going to be like it is here at the moment, as does Paris. But then it might cool down. 

I've also got some special things to take along including:

  • Half a kilogram of vegemite for a friend, who I'm meeting on the second to last day of the trip. 
  • My mason's regalia
  • Letters of introduction to the mason's in Paris
  • So many cords and chargers
  • Adapters
  • And clothes I don't know if I'll wear.
I wish I had the perfect capsule wardrobe. The OCD me is freaking about where I'm going to do some laundry. I NEED my clean clothes. 

Part of me wishes it was going to be cooler - at the moment Europe is throwing Melbourne in Spring weather. 

The other thing I need to pack is my itinerary. This means going to Officeworks in my lunch hour to do some printing - I don't have a working one at the moment (and who has used a printer in the last four years anyway.)

It's getting a bit exciting. 

No comments: