Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Darwin Prep

 I'm starting to pack already, and yes, it's early, but I've got a little stop off on the way, spending a night in Sydney seeing a play and visiting friends before making my up North. 

The Darwin office wear is packed in a cube. I'll need to do some washing while I'm up there. Being away from home for over a week, there's no need to pack that much underwear when you have a washing machine in your room. 

I need to work out what I'm going to wear in Sydney for the day - as what you wear in Sydney in late Autumn is a bit different to what wear in Darwin in the dry. 

Then there's festival clothes - as myself and a couple of workmates are heading off to the Bass in the Grass festival at the end of the week. Do I take my docs and go all Mosh Pit Panda or risk it in my runners?

There's also a few more items that I'll keep in a desk drawer while I'm up there. A bottle of gin. A fold up yoga mat. Some resistance bands. These can go into my Darwin bag while I'm up there. If found the yoga mat at K-Mart tonight while I was looking for swimming goggles - also required and will live up in the Darwin bag.

Of course, I've got my cereal for the week I'm up there. And decaffeinated coffee bags - again, may as well take them up with me. Having a cup of coffee and some cereal to hand when your plane gets in at 1 a.m. and you're due at work in seven hours is a good thing. Anything to help you running. A pack of muesli bars in going in the bag too. 

Oh, and my knitting. And the Fire Stick - which means I can stream Netflix onto the telly at the hotel. 

It's all part of this FIFO life. Getting things organised early means less stress when I leave for the airport on Saturday morning. 

And I've checked the airport parking booking. 

It's all arranged. We've got this. 

Today's song: 



No comments: