Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Challege

The problem with being inspired is not the ideas it generates but the following through on the inspiration.

After spending the day with Reindert, I find myself re-inspired, wanting to climb mountains, run races, save Africa... you name it. Reindert instills this feeling in you - the subtle knowledge that you can do anything you set you mind to. It's great, but a bit overwhelming.

We've both got a bit to think about at the moment. There are crossroads to negotiate for both of us - professional and personal.  So we've spent the day talking about what to do.

I can't talk about his journey - it's his to blog for himself. But here I sit, knowing somewhere in me that I can run a marathon in Maine in October. I just have to put the work in.

Among other things.

Over lunch at a winery down the Mornington Peninsula we discussed what could be done with our lives. Here's me sitting here wanting to be the next JK Rowling or Lemony Snicket (though writing under my own pen name) wanting to know what to do next with work - which all looks bit uncertain.

Then he reminded me about manifesting - "Look at what you've done, Pand. Look at who you are now? Why aren't you patting yourself on the back? You, of all people, can do this. you manifested the trip to Spain you were longing for at your birthday last year - the one you never saw yourself taking. You've manifested your running self, the body you're proud of, a role in which you're respected. What else can you do?

When he puts it like that, it makes me thing a little differently about things.

Now, I have an immediate challenge - Looking at my tallies down the bottom of the blog, I have 33 kms to cover by the end of March to make it 300 km on foot in two months. I want to do this by the end of March. I have three days to do this.

April is 200 km month - time to step up things - get serious.

ARGH.

Kilometres walked since 29 January: 166 km

Kilometres run since 29 January: 101 km
Currently reading: Ice by Louis Nowra, Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes
Weight lost since 29 Jan: 1.7 kg

2 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

'Manifesting' - what a brilliant way of looking at it. Can I borrow that?

Best of luck with your running and walking, Pand. I too keep a tally - in my little 'week at a glance' diary I write in red the distance I've run or walked and like to see at least five red entries a week.

Pandora Behr said...

Of course you can borrow it - I've borrowed it from somewhere (kabbalah/work touchy feely personal development class I think).
Getting there - 13 down, 20 to go and I've just enlisted in the Puffing Billy run.
Bloody Reindert...