Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Year in Review Meme

As always, this has been stolen from Sunday Stealing: As always, I'm doing a question and completing a chore. Having a house guest around the place the house work has banked up once again (and I've been away for a few days, that doesn't help either).

I know there are three more days left of the year, but this seems as good a time as any to get the yearly wrap up out of the way.

In 2014, I gained:

A sense of worth, a direction and some memories of great times.

I lost:

The feeling that I had to put up with bullshit from bullying bosses. Standing up for myself - and walking away was a good lesson to learn. Life is too short to put up with crap.

I stopped:

Having no confidence in myself. I also stopped drinking caffeine on a daily basis. I do have the odd coffee, but it's rare now.

I started:

A Masters of Arts in Writing - one subject down, eleven to go. Loving every minute of it. I also tought myself to knit cables.

I was hugely satisfied by:

Gaining a distinction on my first subject back at Uni. Looking at the comments, I've worked out what I have to do to get a HD... (Yeah, yeah, over achiever...) And finding out that I can knit cables.

And frustrated by:

99.9% of what our current Federal Government does, says and thinks.

I am so embarrassed that I:

Am an Australian at this present time. Our current Federal Government is a disgrace - sending Australia's reputation down the loo.

Once again, I:

Kept my gym membership up and saw a personal trainer regularly.

Once again, I did not:

Lose any weight - but I'm not too fussed as my fitness has remained up and I'm still fit and strong.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is:

My red hair is probably hiding quite a few more greys.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is:

I'm a bit more self-confident and I won't take rubbish from anybody. No matter who they are. Having somebody tell me they love me regularly helps bolster the confidence as well.

I loved spending time:

With friends. Maow Maow. In nature. In the gym.

Why did I spend even two minutes:

Pondering if I should go in for the job I'm in now. That was a waste of half an hour.

I should have spent more time:

Exercising, writing, cleaning my flat.

I regret buying:

Uncomfortable shoes that are on sale.

I will never regret buying... even though with that money I could have ...

My education, even though with that money I could do all sorts of things including adding to my house deposit, go travelling, replace my couch etc etc etc...

And heels half a size too big - best advice given by Audrey Hepburn. A revelation.

I ...way too much.

Procrastinated

I didn’t... enough.

Exercise. Read. Go out. Write. Say I love you.

 ... drove me crazy.

Our current Federal Government.

The most relaxing place I went was

Ubud, Indonesia. Love it up there. Close second was Northern Tasmania. That was brilliant.

Why did I go

To see Noah? Dire film. Russell Crowe should sod off back to New Zealand.

The best thing I did for someone else was

No idea. I've provided a few healing sessions. They were good. I try and step lightly through the world - if this means doing good things for people, so be it.

The best thing I did for myself

Went back to university. Not take second best. Exercised regularly.

The best thing someone did for me

I blame Hannah Kent for inspiring me to go back to uni. Oh, and Blarney and Barney inviting me down to Tasmania for Christmas.

The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better,

No regrets - so I'd do nothing over.


6 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Love your answers!

K Dubs said...

Great answers! And congrats on going back to school - it's tough but so worth it!

ShannonW said...

Way to go for standing up for yourself! And congratulations for starting your Masters!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

CountryDew said...

Good for you for going back to school. I think education is wonderful - and no one can take that from you, ever.

Jackie K said...

Sounds like a very good year. Congratulations!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

"Stepping lightly" is a very good thing for helping the Earth and other Earthlings. The power of it should never should be underestimated.

Good for you on going back to school. Wishing you a Very Happy New Year, too.