Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Brrr meme

Late back from interstate. This will be quick. Questions from Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. Do you prefer winter or summer? Why?

Winter. I much prefer to be cold and then getting warm. Joys of being a woman of a certain age.

2. What are your favorite winter activities?

Australian Rules Football and sleeping under two quilts.

3. Can you tell me about a time you went skiing or skating?

On both occassion for both sports, I fell over. I was better at skiing - skating I have no control.

4. Have you ever made a snow angel?

No. Melbourne doesn't have snow, or when it does, it's only in the hills and it's gone in a heartbeat.

5. Is your house cold?

No, and I wish it were colder.

6. Do you have a fireplace in your house?

No.

7. What do you usually do to keep warm in the winter?

Put on a jumper and turn on the heater.

8. Have you ever gone hiking in the snow?

No.

9. Tell me about a snowball fight you had.

I can't. Have never done that.

10. Have you ever looked at a snowflake carefully?

Yes.

11. Do you have a sled? Have you been sledding?

When I was about eight-years-old. Family holiday to the snow fields.

12. What do you usually do after a big snowfall?

No idea, it doesn't snow here.

13. What’s the best thing about winter?

Climbing into bed at night and snuggling down.

14. What’s the worst thing about winter?

Stepping in puddles and getting wet shoes.

15. Have you ever been in a blizzard?

No

16. Can you describe ice for me?

There is some in my drink keeping it cold.

17. Have you ever slipped on ice and hurt yourself?

I did once in London. Skinned my knee before a big interview.

18.Have you ever had to shovel snow?

No.

19. Will you be watching the Olympics?

No - are there Olympics on?

20. If yes, what are your favorite events? 

See above.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

#2 - and eating meat pies? (Remembering my one experience watching a Footy championship match)

Yes, the Olylmpics are on. It is my understanding that the Australian coverage is generally far more complete than what we get here (highlights). My Australian friend who visited us during one Olympics was terribly frustrated at being unable to watch the way she did at home.

Pandora Behr said...

I have never, ever eaten a meat pie. Full of horse...