Blog questions from Sunday Stealing.
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel.
Probably the first one. It's been a while since I've told somebody how I feel about them.
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
I got dumped a few days after my niece died. Actually, the git just disappeared off the face of the planet. I'm still angry. Not at him going away, but for not telling me. It was the ultimate betrayal. And you should NEVER, ever, betray a Leo.
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make one phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
I think I would call a special friend an say thank you for being in my life.
4. You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
I think I would tell one or two people, then go out and have as much fun as I can. I'm not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of the pain that can be associated with it. I hope when I go, I go quickly and peacefully. Can you ask for anything more?
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
Trust. Trust is secure. Love can morph and change.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you that if you are late just one more time you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dog’s life? Why? Why not?
Yes, I save the dog. It's the way I roll. I'll get another job and besides, if the boss sacks you for doing another creature a favour he's not a great person and why do you want to work for somebody like that?
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
Hurt by the one you love the most. See querstion 2 for the rationale.
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) say?
Thank you. I love you too, but not in that way. I don't know how this will effect the friendship, but I have to be true to my feelings too. Said with love and honour.
9. Think of the last person you know who died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour more of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why? Or Why not?
Alas, the last person I know who died committed suicide a few months ago. It remains a very sad state of affairs. She suffered from deep depression for many years. Would I give up a year for her to have another hour. No. I think everybody goes at a time and for a reason. I hope my friend has found peace.
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
I hope so.
11. Does love = sex?
Absolutely not. Sex is a lot better when love is involved.
12. Your boss tells your co-worker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your co-worker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not.
Depends on the worker and the job. Maybe a deal could be struck to go part time for both of us - a better option for both.
13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? What did you have to tell the person?
A friend and I staged an intervention last Christmas. It had to be done. We had to let a mutual friend know his behaviour was doing no favours to anybody, themselves included. It was one of the hardest conversations me or my friend had ever had. The person involved has barely spoken to either of us since. This was done with love in our hearts. We knew this could be the outcome.
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite/same sex – you love them or that you do not love them back.
I think the latter.