Sunday, March 4, 2018

The Art Historic Meme

A lazy day. Lots of reading and a few cat cuddles. Nasser is a tosser.(You have to be in Australia for this one)

Questions, as always, courtesy of Bev at Sunday Stealing.


Classical: If you were an Olympian god, what would you be known for?

I would be one the Juniper Dionysus - God of Gin.

Byzantine: Do you prefer gold or silver accessories?

Always silver. Love silver.

Medieval: Are you religious?

No. I am not religious at all - handing in my Christian ticket many years ago. However, I am spiritual and love learning about religions.

Gothic: What is your favourite historic building?

Westminster Abbey. I've spent days on there. Love the building. I'm a fan of any cathedral, particularly English ones.

Renaissance: Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt enlightened or changed?

I moved to London in the 90s. I changed overnight. For some reason I felt more confident.

Baroque: Do you enjoy the finer things in life?

Yes.

Rococo: Is your bedroom full of trinkets and pictures? If so, which pictures adorn your walls?

Not really. I have to pen and ink drawings in my bedroom, that is it. The rest is pretty utilitarian.

Neoclassicism: If something came back into fashion, what do you hope it would be?

Sloppy jumpers and scrunchies. I rock a good 80s look.

Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?

I try to. I go out of my way to do so.

Pre-Raphaelite: Which book would you like to see turned into a film?

In no order, Donna Tartt's "The Secret History", Geoffrey Eugenides "Middlesex" and Barbara Kingsolver's "The Poisonwood Bible".

Impressionism: Do you look for details or take everything in at once?

A bit of both. I'm good at both, depending on what the situation requires.

Art Nouveau: When were you last at the theatre?

At the start of the month when I was at the Pop Up Globe for the closing night. Last film was seen yesterday.



Surrealism: Why does the porcupine think it's a duck?

The porcupines imagines itself as a duck, as a duck is just a prick on the inside, where the porcupine has all the pricks on the outside. the porcupine is internalising itself. Ducks are pricks, regardless.

See the source image

Pop Art: Do you enjoy pop culture?

Absolutely.

Contemporary: What did you do today?

Went to the gym, had breakfast, talked to a friend in Boulder, Colorado, did the hard floors, read a book, went and saw Blarney, Barney and Maow Maow and watched Marriend at First Sight - and Nasser is still a tosser.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Loved your porcupine picture!

CountryDew said...

Interesting answer to the porcupine question.