Thursday, February 4, 2021

And I am just like my mother...

Waking this morning, the weather report was scrutinised. 30 degrees, dry, becoming overcast. 

Brilliant!

By 10.30, two loads of washing had been done - a solid half load of coloureds and the bedsheets, which would have been done on the weekend except it looks like rain, so better to get them done now. 

As my 'drying room' as I call it, is out of action, I've been hanging out the washing downstairs on the communal lines. This isn't something I like doing, as being in a large block, you don't know who's about the place. Also, being inner city, washing can go missing. Then again, the downstairs neighbours always use the lines and haven't had much trouble over the years. Still, I keep an eye on the washing, getting it off the line as soon as its dry. When the spare room is not filled with crap, the washing normally gets strung out there. 

It is a great washing day. 

It's now 2 pm and all of the washing is in. The underwear has been folded and put away. Working from home has its benefits. The rest of it is on the back of the couch, ready to be ironed tonight - duvet covers, pillow cases, a couple of pairs of cotton/linen trousers, t-shirts. And yes, I iron all this and will put it away. Duvet covers and pillowcases don't feel right if they're not ironed. The cotton and linen stuff looks better when pressed. Don't say I don't have any pride.

And you have no idea how happy this makes me. 

Looking at this, I realise that I am really just a clone of my mother in some ways. The is the main one. 


Today's song: 






No comments: