Thursday, December 16, 2021

It's that day again

 It's that day again. 

And it rolls around every year,

When the weather gets better

And the Christmas decorations shine in shop windows.

And we try to avoid #Whammageddon. 


But it's that day again. 


And you're still not here. 

You're not living your life, 

Or driving a car, 

Or bringing home that boyfriend your father secretly hates

Or doing anything you should be. 


And it's that day again. 


I remember the day, way back when . 

Back when the world felt a bit more rosy

The news less harsh

 The body free from these shocks.

And I remember the feeling of relief when the news came through. 

You were gone and no longer in pain.

And the lights dimmed. 

And never came back to full brightness. 


So, it's that day again. 


And I remember you well. 

I remember you well, and happy. 

I remember your silky skin and stinky breath

Your addictive giggle and your lovely hugs. 

I remember your potential. 

I remember your loving spirit. 


And I remember that on this day, like all days. 

That you're not here anymore. 

But we still feel your love. 

I hope you feel us feeling you. 


Rest well, Lauren. xx


Today's song: 



No comments: