Friday, December 3, 2021

The Coffee Negroni

 Earlier this evening, in front of me sat a coffee negroni. 

According the the recipe, a coffee negroni has the following ingredients: 

  • 15 mls of Campari
  • 15 mls of Red Vermouth
  • 25 mls of dry gin (I'm using Bombay Sapphire)
  • 25 mls of Mr Black coffee liqueur
I learned my lesson last week. One fully caffeinated coffee drink is all I can have, and that is all. No more. Last week we settled in for a session and stupidly I went on until 7.30 drinking Archie Rose Blasphemy Coffee whisky. Dumb, dumb move. I was wide awake at 4 a.m. the following day watchuing Downton Abbey. I gave up trying to sleep. 

Tonight , I've only had one nip. I would love to have another, but I want to sleep tonight. 

Thankfully, we didn't settle in tonight - just had the one. Spent our drinkies meeting finishing off some paperwork. 

Yes, it's been another week of it - not quite as bad as last week, but still not fun. 

But the coffee negroni helped a bit. 

So did the walk around town this morning. Having a couple of errands to run, I left at 7.15 a.m. and was back for 9 a.m. The hour spent wandering around, popping into the office, wandering around the city streets was a joy. As there aren't as many people in town, it was a joy to wander around, listening to the post office clock chime and watch the people go by. 

After work, once the coffee negroni was drained and the cat was fed, I went for another walk. 

I think I've found my next set of glasses. 


I'll have to wait til pay day, but I think these are it. 

Maybe I'll try them on again tomorrow when I don't have a coffee negroni down me.

It's just nice that the work week is over. 

I might be able to think and feel like a human being tomorrow. 





No comments: