Monday, January 10, 2022

Smoosh

 Last night I did some smooshing. 

As a bit of context, I rarely eat fruit. I never have done, probably never will do. The only way I eat fruit is when it's chopped up for me. But yesterday, going through the local greengrocer, they had near the tills bags of passionfruit for a quick sale. A bag of six for three dollars. They were screaming to be bought. I love passionfruit. I love fresh passionfruit. It reminds me of summer and my childhood, when we had a passionfruit vine out the back of the house. It always teeming with fruit over summer.

What do you do with a bag of passionfruit?

Smoosh them up, I tell you. Smoosh them up and freeze them. 

From the cupboard, I found a tin of lychees - another favourite fruit. I love the texture of them. I love them even more since I discovered lychee ice blocks at a hotel in Hong Kong, where they froze a mix of lychees and lemonade - perfect for a hot day. 

So I opened a tin of lychees, pouring the fruit and syrup into the blender. I then got out some ice block moulds, and poured the lychees in after mixing them with the passionfruit pulp. 

Utter genius. 

I'm sitting here with a lychee and passionfruit ice block feeling very happy indeed. You don't get much better than this on a warm night. 

Today's song: 



No comments: