Friday, January 7, 2022

The Virtuous Lunch

Lunch is a meal to savour. It's also supposed to be good for you. It's there to nourish you in the middle of the day. 

I'm trying to take nourishment to the next level. 

In my lunch bowl in front of me you can find the following: 

  • Half a tin of lentils
  • Half a tin of diced beetroot
  • Half a bag of baby spinach
  • Some feta cheese
  • Some mint leaves picked from the garden down stairs
  • Coles Raspberry Balsamic dressing
Seriously, can you get more healthy? Can you get any more virtuous - oh I suppose the feta could be vegan feta, but I'm not paying that much for stuff that tastes like arse - and I'm not that much of a wanker. 

And I'm drinking home made kombucha. 

I made my own iced almond decaf latte this morning. 

And my snack of choice for this week is celery stalks with some peanut paste butter**

I'm going to be pooing real good for the next few days. 

If lentils weren't so hippy, this could be a salad you take to a friend's barbeque. It's actually really nice - and filling. 

If I wasn't such a messy eater, I could take this salad to work. 

If I hadn't found a worm in a bag of spinach once, I might be more likely to eat the stuff. 

And the mint is good. I used to gather mint from our swamp when I was a kid. Now I just have to g downstairs to my old neighbours rock garden. At least I don't have to go down a steep hill and past the pump to find the major ingredient for the sauce used on roast lamb (The mint sauce was always my job).

Still, I feel very virtuous for eating like a hippy. 




**Where I come from it's known as peanut paste. Always was peanut paste, always will be peanut paste. And it's preferably Bega Crunchy or Super Crunchy  - I don't like the smooth stuff. 

No comments: