Friday, June 3, 2022

POST 2000!

Some 13 years ago I started this blog, wanting to record my journey to running a marathon. 

Like that happened... although I completed five half marathons while I was running, which for a middle-aged, chubby chick is not a bad effort at all. 

But 13 years later, through good times and bad, from extended trips overseas, to the death of a loved one, multiple jobs, quite a few trips to Sydney, friends, family, a few of my grandmother's recipes, bitching about the gym, hundreds of Sunday questions.... I'm still here. 

Blogging daily since 1 January 2020, and a pandemic has got the numbers up. 

But this is post 2000, It's a bit of a milestone. 

And I would celebrate with a gin and tonic if I wasn't so buggered (and last night's dinner went through me - the first gallbladdery reaction I've had to date - the food was amazing, but something didn't sit that well - nothing too drastic, but it was enough to stop me eating and drinking at tonights work do)

This is today's acheivement. Small as it is. 

And with that, I'm taking my tired, grumpy and unfortunately sober body off to bed.


Today's song:




No comments: