Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Just breathe

 The confirmation came today. My contract is not being extended at the end of March. 

And I'm good with this. 

There's a couple of things in my feeling okay with the knowledge that I don't currently have an income after the first weeks of April. 

My headspace looks like this:

  • As much as I love my manager and my current team, and I like working in this company, I'm bored in my role. It was good when I was getting over burnout, but now that's over, I want to feel like I'm contributing more. 
  • There is a good eight week run up to needing to get a job. The more notice you get the better. 
  • My manager has been great about this. They're okay if I need to be released earlier with some notice. 
  • And I have to keep reminding myself that I get jobs. I'm good at getting jobs. 
I know I'm being a bit of a worry wart about this. I'm more concerned about the possible trip to France in October. I really want to do this but need to be in constant employment for it to happen. 

I also know that rather than taking just anything, I want something which will do me well. 

My criteria include: 
  • A daily rate around where I am on now. 
  • A hybrid working model (2-3 days in the office maximum.)
  • Interesting work. 
  • A good business day's worth of work to do, but with little expectation of overtime. 
  • Preferably on a transformation program - I've worked on lots of these. 
  • In a larger company - minimum 1000 people in the company. 
  • I'm not fussed about the sector. 
  • Preferably not at the companies I don't want to work for. 
  • Preferably a contract which lasts around a year.
  • Good people
  • Preferably in the city centre or at worst, in the inner suburbs, if I do need to go to the office. 
  • Must be accessable by public transport - bugger driving to work. 
  • I'm not opposed to a bit of travel for work - just not too much. I have a dependent. 

Yes, I've got some time up my sleeve. I've also had a couple of leads. 

My referees have been hit up, making sure they're okay to give me a reference.

Now, I just have to get myself out there.

And remember to breathe. 

Today's song: 



No comments: