Thursday, March 7, 2024

Not the post I want to write

I have had a blog post in mind all day, but because I'm not in my writing happy place, I'll save it for tomorrow when time and impetus might be available. 

So here is my front of mind. 

  • Tonight is my last full night in Darwin.
  • I've started gently packing. Thank goodness for packing cubes. Dirty clothes in one, clean clothes in the other. 
  • My Darwin bag is on the kitchen table. I need to take it into the office tomorrow morning - it's al.l about logistics. 
  • When I get home, I will be on a salad and lean meat diet for a week. I don't need to go out to dinner for a while. 
  • Or eat garlic. I'm thankful I'm sleeping alone tonight. My breath would scare the cat. 
  • Driving out to the depot in tropical rain this morning was fun. 
  • So was being woken up by thunderstorms. 
  • And the big ships in Darwin Harbour. 
  • I also can't wait to get back to the gym.  
  • Or back to my pussycat, who has taken to Aunty Kat very well. Kat took a photo of him standing on her lap - this is a big result. They're getting on well. 
  • And I had a glass of pinot gris with my dinner and I filled the glass up with ice because I am a bogan - and I needed the fluids. It was hydrating. 
  • I've finished the little beanie I was knitting for Jay. 
  • And started another beanie in the same wool. 
  • And Man Bun One on MAFS shits me to tears. 
  • And they've made a limited series of A Gentleman in Moscow (With Ewan McGregor). Unfortunately, it's on Paramount Plus. Maybe it will come out on Qantas and I'll get to watch it at the end of the year, nearer the end of the project. 
  • I'm not really looking forward to the red-eye tomorrow night 

And I must remember to pack my Fire Stick. It lets me watch Netflix while I'm up here, I must not leave it behind.

And maybe tomorrow I'll get the time and gumption to write about what I really wanted to write about. 

And I might get a final swim in after work tomorrow. 

Today's song:

No comments: