Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blog-tober - Wish-Fulfillment

I walk past this fountain a few days a week. I used to work in a building that overlooked this fountain.

Today, on what was a near perfect Melbourne Spring day, a day when the warmth finally came back in the air and the sun was out. Horse tail clouds made their way across the sky. Unfortunately I was chained to my desk dealing with a tight deadline.

At 5 p.m. Hannah and I were the last to leave the office. I could have worked on until sunset, but not today - the day was too lovely to sit in an office building debugging online training content. Deciding to enjoy the weather and walk home, Hannah accompanied me down Bourke Street. Hannah's easy company. We talked of travel and places we want to go. It was lovely to talk to somebody who also dreams of doing the Camino de Compostella di Santiago - a pilgrimage walk across the top of Spain.

I bid Hannah goodbye at the top of Bourke Street where she went off to her yoga class.

I walked around the corner, crossed Spring Street and found this.


A woman, well dressed, joyously dancing in the fountain.

I think I have another thing on the bucket list.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I wonder if it was just the warm weather or if she had other things to dance about? I hope it was both!

Jackie K said...

Lovely!

Elephant's Child said...

How amazing. Dance like no-one is watching...