Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday Stealing Questions

I started writing this from a friend's kitchen table in Adelaide. We're here working on a website for our masonic lodge. It's fun. 

We're also being overseen by a one-eyed black cat named Wink. 

Life is pretty good, but I also need to get this one before hopping on a plane back to Melbourne where I have my own stroppy black cat to make sure I'm doing the write thing. 

Questions have come, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. What are your plans for June?

I've got a couple of theatre performances to go to. I'm also wanting to 

2. Your mid-year resolutions or goals?

Not really. I just want to get through winter.

3. Are you good at taking care of plants

Not really. I can keep the cat grass alive, but that’s about the only plant that I have in my flat. That and the in the mold in the bathroom.

4. What makes you feel nourished?

Music, Reading, theatre, friends, good sex. 

5. Which animals do you see most in your area?

There are a lot of small yappy dogs that inhabit the street of Richmond. As well as a lot of greyhounds that have been re-housed.

6. Books on your summer reading list?

The next book on my list is The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell. I have to get this ready to book read by the 21st for book group. It's my book. 

7. Projects you want to tackle this summer?

Summer is a long way away. It’ currently winter. My project is to up my weights with my trainer.

8. Do you have weddings, graduations, summer celebrations?

Nope.

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again?

It’s winter here, so I’m looking forward to eating lots of pumpkin soup and stews. I love winter food.

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations?

Not that much. However, I am going to France and England in October for three weeks.

11. How much has changed since last summer?

Summer only feels like it ended about a month ago. I haven’t really thought about this.

12. Something that would be out of character for you?

Voting for a Conservative political party (In Australia, that's the Liberal/National Party - in America, that would be like voting Republican). It wouldn’t happen.

13. What do you miss about winter?

I am currently standing here at Melbourne Airport, waiting for a bus to take me to where my car is parked. It is about 11°. This is winter. I don’t use it at all. Mind you. I was in Adelaide where it was about 10° warmer.

14. Your favorite free / cost effective ways to have fun?

Go to the park and talk to the dogs running around. That or just go for a walk. 

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit?

I am very lucky. I have a lot of friends who I trust with my house in my cat. Jay looked after Lucifer this weekend.


Today's song: 





1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Music certainly soothes MY soul! I saw two musicals in the month of May; I love live theater too!