Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blog-a-Day May: Day Eight. Man-flu

If nobody sees you ill, do you actually have man flu?

Started a new job today - was told to go home with some documents at 10.30 am. Have been in bed ever since.

I ache all over.

I'm going hot and cold.

I'm producing more slime than an MTV Teen Music Awards.

I can't breath properly.

My throat is full of razors (metaphorically)

After four hours the disprin and Ease A Cold wears off and it gets worse.

Standing under a hot shower gives a little bit of respite.

I'm not hungry at all.

There is nobody here to see it, so I must have just the normal flu - not Man Flu.


God I hate this.

Even worserer, there was a letter from the estate agent saying I have an inspection on Tuesday.

Life has just got a bit more surreal.

Back to bed to try get warm.

Hmph.

2 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Oh no! I had a genuine case of man flu in January.

I think you might have a mutation called (wo)man flu (which is probably even worserer than man flu).

Get well soon.

:0(

Cheers

PM

MedicatedMoo said...

Haven't had Man-Flu in a while (reaches over to tap wooden dining table) but having a migraine with five tradies around makes me wish I was on my own....