End of Year Questions
1. What did you do last year that you had not done before?
Finished my Masters degree. Never done that before. Came out with 9 High Distinctions and 3 Distinctions. I'm very proud of myself.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year? What are they? What are your new ones?
I set a goal to not eat potato chips - both hot and packet chips over the year. I failed with the hot chips but I've not had a potato chip from a packet in over 372 days.
3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or become pregnant? Or adopt?
My downstairs neightbour gave birth to a daughter. Most of my friends have now finished their families.
4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury?
There has been a lot of death around be, but nobody close has died.
5. What places have you visited?
Nowhere really new, but I did go to the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) in Hobart, Tasmania - that was AWESOME. Can't wait to go back.
6. Any new pets? Lost a pet?
7. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)?
I would like the courage and time to write that novel,
8. What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why?
Nothing really comes to mind. 11 February was fun as we celebrated my Punjabi kid brother's birthday in Myponga.
9. What was your biggest achievement last year?
Finishing my Masters.
10. Did you get sick or injured?
Other than the odd cold and migraine, no thank goodness.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought my current ward (Maow Maow) a new litter try. The old one stank. That was his Christmas present. I've bought a lot of tickets to see Shakespeare productions at the Pop Up Globe. (www.popupglobe.com.au) This has been awesome.
12. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation and shelter)?
Clothing, books and entertainment.
13. What song will always remind you of last year? Doesn't have to be a song released last year.
14. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Exercised. Gone out to dinner
15. What do you wish you would have done less of?
16. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?
Television Program: The Crown
Movie: Call Me By Your Name
Album: Tash Sultana's EP
Check out all of these
17. What was the best book you read this year? How many did you read?
I read 23 books last year. My favourite of the year was Hanya Yahanigara's A Little Life. Heather Rose's Museum of Modern Love and George Saunder's Lincoln in the Bardo run not too far behind.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently?
Went out to dinner with friends. It was lovely.I don't feel much different.
19. What political or social issue stirred you the most?
The same sex marriage debate in Australia was awful. How we treat unregulated refugees is appalling and is shame of Australia.
20. Who was the most interesting new person you met?
I have a heap of lovely new workmates. They are awesome.
21. Describe how a relationship changed.
Most are pretty much in the same state as they were.
22. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year? How so?
Yes. I'm middle aged. I don't change that much.Maybe a little more cynical.
23. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain.
Frustrating. Hope inspiring. Tenacious.
24. How have people around you changed?
Some are a little more conservative. This alarms me a little.
25. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts)
I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I still hate doing burpees.
26. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favorite thing you made?
I wrote a quarter of a novel. Never done that before. I've also taken up black and white iPhone photography.
27. What changed about your physical appearance? (Hair? Wrinkles? New makeup style? Etc)
My hair is a little lighter thanks to my hairdresser. There are a few more greys in the mix.
28. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year? (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance)
To get a lot fitter. The finish the first draft of my novel. To travel a hell of a lot more than I did this year. I went nowhere this year.