Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Popular Queen Songs Meme

Greetings from Hong Kong, where the day is once again overcast, but at least it is not raining for a change. I've been here three days and it's the first morning where I can see the peak on the island in the distance. It's great here. Completely bonkers, but wonderful. I've only got a couple more days, but I know I want to come back and see more. It's just too much fun.

Today's questions, as always, come from Bev at Sunday Stealing.


Bohemian Rhapsody - What matters to you more than anything in the world?

Being happy, striving to be happy. It's pretty constant and all encompassing.

Don’t Stop Me Now - What makes you feel unstoppable?

Strangely, when I run. Not that I have run for a long time, but running has thing effect of making me feel like I can do anything. I think it's something to do with the fact that I was told I could not do it as a kid. I want to get running again. Love it.

Another One Bites The Dust - What one thing would you wipe off the face of the earth?

There are a few things. Huntsman spiders. The Liberal/National party, at least at the next election. Plastic pollution. Domestic violence.

Under Pressure - How stressed are you currently?

Not at all. I'm on holiday.

We Will Rock You - What was the last concert you went to?

I went to see The Arctic Monkeys about a week ago. They were really good. I'm lucky - I've been seeing a bit of live music lately.

Somebody To Love - Are you looking for somebody to love?

Yes, but we're not going to into that. For the moment, I'm secretly dating Harvey Specter in my back brain.

We Are The Champions - What achievement are you most proud of?

Gaining my Masters Degree.

Radio GaGa - What do you think of today’s popular music?

I like some of it. I have eclectic tastes in music and still listen to far too much 80s, 90s and soul, but there is some good stuff out there. Amy Shark, Dean Lewis, Alt-J to name a few.

I Want To Break Free - If you could move to any part of the world, where would you want to live?

I would move to the following places tomorrow in a heartbeat. London, Boston, Ubud, Indonesia, Hong Kong (yeah, three days and I want to get into this place), Hobart, Tasmania, just for the weather, Wellington, New Zealand. Could happily live in any of these places.

Love Of My Life - Have you ever had your heart broken?

Of course. Right of passage, isn't it.

Killer Queen - What is your favourite thing about yourself?

My resilience and persistence. And the fact that I am kind.

The Show Must Go On - What is something you will never give up?

Being kind. Reading and writing.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Name some of your favourite musicians.

In no real order: The Pixies, Damien Rice, Paul Simon, Ludovico Enaudi, Miles Davis, David Byrne... eclectic enough for you?

Who Wants To Live Forever - If you could be immortal, would you?

No,  thank you. We're meant to expire. Besides, I don't know how much more of the cretinous politicians I could stand for. They're getting worse.

Fat Bottomed Girls - What are some traits you look for in a partner?

Kindness, a good sense of humour, good personal hygiene (sorry, has to be said). That's about it. If I could put in a detailed order, a hairy chest, a bit stringy, tight bum and good hands are on the list. Yes, I do think about this occasionally.

I Want It All - If you could have anything in the world, what would it be?

I would love a house with a garden where I could have a dog and a cat. One day, maybe.


Today's Song: (It's been in my head for a few days now).


5 comments:

Kristine Z said...

Lol! with your number answer. Great job! Follow me back.

Stacy said...

Good answers...I feel like I got to know a bit more about you. Especially your taste in men. Still LOL-ing over your answer on that one! Glad you are enjoying Hong Kong. It would be interesting to see, but I'm not much of an urban girl. All that craziness would probably get to me quickly. Thank goodness we are all so different, makes the world more interesting!

Jodi said...

Love your answer to what you look for in a partner!! have a great Sunday!

Lori said...

Oh yes! Harvey Spector! Great answer! He is so handsome. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

J Lenni Dorner said...

Good answer. I hope things go better for your country in the next election.