Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Thought Provoking Questions Part 1

Just back from Adelaide. I'm a bit tired and it's getting late. So I best get on with these questions.

As always, Bev at Sunday Stealing provided the questions.

1. When was the last time you tried something new?

Last night. I hung out with some of my father's family and had a good time. This is a first.

2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

I try not to compare myself to people. It's too depressing if I do that. It's also a pointless exercise.

3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

''Sometimes you just have to throw it in the fuck it bucket." Or in other words, pick your battles wisely.

4. What gets you excited about life?

Friends, travel, theatre, cinema, books, fun ideas, the sea, animals. good food, gin. Lots of things get me excited about life.

5. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

Actions speak louder than words. I don't want to go into it, but if somebody is all mouth and no trousers, don't trust them.

6. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?

Exercising and travelling - and writing.

7. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

I ask LOTS of questions. I rarely settle without asking lots of questions.

8. Who do you love and what are you doing about it?

I love Harvey Specter and Clive Owen - but I can't do anything about that, because they are silly loves.

9. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?

Oh this will be contentious. I don't believe in Jesus Christ. I do believe in God, but I really don't get the Jesus thing. I was raised a Christian, but I just don't get it. I reckon perceived Christianity has been fucking up the world (make that most organised religion ) for 2000 years. I handed back my Christian ticket 30 years ago, partly in disgust, but also because it made no sense to me, at all. And it still doesn't. I do respect that people think otherwise, but the Jesus think doesn't work for me at all.

10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?

Going without coffee / caffeine. I've been caffeine free for 11 months now.

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

Mostly, it's a sign of strength. It can also be a sign of blackmail in some circumstances.

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Eat more ice cream.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?

Yes I do. I have a lot to be thankful and I should celebrate this more. I'm healthy, reasonably happy and settled. I have friends. I am debt  free. I have a lot. I'm lucky.

14. What is the difference between living and existing?

Living has love and laughter and ways forward. Existing does not.

15. If not now, then when?

Yeah, I tell myself that often. I have a tendency to procrastinate. There is a power in doing things now.

16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

I was in Hong Kong ten days ago. That was a great trip.

17. What does your joy look like today?

A long sleep in withe either the boy or a cat. If one can't be there, the other would suffice. Today's egg and bacon roll and almond decaf latte at Aldinga with friends, after a swim at my very favourite beach was pretty joyful too.

18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word?

Yes, very easily. And there is always lying by omission.

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?

For the most part, this person could stay in my life. I try to be brutally honest with myself - that is a bit hard.

20. Which activities make you lose track of time?

Reading, watching movies - and strangely driving and running.


Today's Song:


4 comments:

Stacy said...

Loving your answers. This week's questions were a nice change...so nice to have some more serious questions and really get to know a bit about everyone.
For the record, I respect your disbelief. God gave us all free will to choose what we believe. I surely don't hold myself above him to try and force belief on anyone.

Lori said...

I bet your Hong Kong trip was amazing! So glad you got to go! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you on the religion thing.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Good answers. "The whole truth," you hit the nail on the head with why that's included.