Thursday, May 21, 2020

Bad Coles

I'm just out of book group - which was great, especially we now get to go to book group in our pyjamas, sitting on the couch with a Baileys in my hand. But it has been a very long day in front of the computer once again.

But I got a lunch break - drove into town to get my mail. There are a few more people out on the streets now, but still not many. The trams are still next to empty but the traffic is flowing well.

Noodles for lunch, back to work by 1.30, did some other stuff, went and saw my training then went to book group via zoom  - so it's been a big day.

But I have a beef with Coles. See Coles, the supermarket chain, other than having some ethical beefs with how they treat the farmers (just as Woolies and Aldi do as well) , I normally shrug this off. Maybe I shouldn't but I do. And I now buy my meat at the butcher and my veggies at the greengrocer outside of Coles because the quality is better.

But why, oh why are they selling Whittakers Jelly Tip blocks at Coles. I thought that Old Gold Cherry Ripe Block was bad - Whittakers Jelly Tip is worse.

It's like crack.

Image result for whittakers jelly tip

Normally, you can only get it in New Zealand.

Not now. Now it's infiltrated Australian supermarkets

It is evil. All the evil stuff is taking over our supermarkets. It sits on the shelves and says 'buy me, buy me, eat me, eat me.'

It's even more evil than the Old Gold Cherry Ripe block as at least with dark chocolate, you only want to eat a few squares a day. This stuff is badly morish.

Bad Coles for stocking it.

Bed time. Going for a walk early. Time to walk off the chocolate.


Today's Song: Brought to you by the 30 Day Song Challenge

Day 28:  A song by an artist whose voice you love


No comments: