Thursday, September 8, 2022

Not the news I was looking to see

I've been struggling for something to write today. 

And now I have it. 

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral - the Royal Family are rushing up to see her. 

I wish her well - where ever she may go, whatever happens in the next days, weeks or months. That the family is rushing to her side is concerning. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish her ill, or dead for that matter. Although I'm somebody who wishes to see Australia a Republic, the service to the world that she has done over the last nearly eighty years (seventy on the throne) have been exemplary. She's pretty incredible, both for what she's done, and for her age. And for her strange, over-media soaked family. At 96 her tank must nearly be empty

But she is 96 and frail. And if it's her time, it's her time. Her family are on the way up to see her. She is well loved. 

And if it happens, it happens, if not, then may she continue to have good health, be happy and pain free. 

Bless her. Even if you don't agree with the royal family's existence. or heaven forbid, the fact that she is technically our head of state, I only wish her well. 

Hmm. I think I need to watch a bit of something funny before I go to bed. Schitt's Creek? Frasier? 

Not sure I'm ready for the media frenzy which would follow the death of a reigning queen, especially as she's the only one I've ever known. 

Ah, found something to make me happy. A picture of Albo with a puppy. He's going to be in trouble with Toto when he gets home, but I love the smiles on both of their faces. (Picture from Anthony Albanese's Facebook page)


Today's song: 



No comments: