Friday, March 31, 2023

My Day

 Midnight (ACST - Darwin Time) / 1.30 a.m (AEDST - Melbourne Time):

I was drinking a Bloody Mary in the Qantas Lounge in Darwin. The Bloody Marys are better in Melbourne as they use Beerenberg Worcestershire Sauce which is the absolute bomb.  

12.30 ACST / 2 a.m. AEDST

Board the plane back to Melbourne. Thankfully I have a row to myself. 

2 a.m to 6 a.m. AEDST 

Sporadic sleep on said row on the plane. I did manage about three hours of light sleep. 

6.30 a.m. AEDST

Picked up by Andrew's Airport Parking as to collect the car. 

6.50 a.m. AEDST

Drove around the Western Ring Road towards the West Gate Bridge. 

7.10 a.m. AEDST

Dropped in at Blarney and Barney's to collect a very clingly Lucifer. He's behaved, but he's been very clingy.

8.45 a.m. AEDST

Arrive home. Take the cat upstairs. First job, feed the cat. Go down to collect bags from the car. The cat howls down the stairwell as I say hello to the downstairs neighbour. 

9.00 a.m. AEDST

Shower, dress, make a cup of tea and throw on a load of washing. 

9.30 a.m. AESDT

First Meeting - thankfully short. 

10.30 a.m. AEDST

Walk down the post office to collect two parcels. Only one is there. The other is at a Post Office the other side of Richmond. Startrack Express are arseholes. 

11 a.m. AEDST

Next meeting. Thankfully I didn't need to contribute, nor turn my camera on and there is a pack to read which explains it all. 

12 p.m. AEDST

Run down the road for a Bahn Mi as there is no food in the house. 

1.p.m . AEDST

Another meeting. Probably didn't need to be there. 

2 p.m. AEDST

Nanna Nap with clingy cat. 

3 p.m AEDST

Popped down to the other post office across Richmond to collect offending parcel - the one that I wanted in the first place. 

3.30 p.m. AEDST

Put on some make up.

4.00 p.m. AEDST

Last meeting of the day. It was a short one. Half the people there were buggered from the Red Eye flight. 

4.30 p.m. AEDST

Go into town. 

5.00 p.m. AEDST

Went and saw RONE at Flinders Street Station. I wish I wasn't so tired. It's incredible. More on this when I'm compus mentus. 

6.00 p.m. AEDST

Went to see Sammy J at the Forum for the Comedy Festival with River. Great seeing River again. Sammy J was very funny. 

7.15 p.m. AEDST

Found a quick dinner at the Southbank food court. 

7.45 p.m. AEDST

Got some ice cream - in my case, a cup of dairy free chocolate and coconut. It tasted like a lamington. 

8.30 p.m. AEDST

Went to see Ross Noble at the Playhouse. He was hysterical. Never turn up to Ross Noble late. We were there on time. 

10 p.m. AEDST

Tried to get a cab home. It's Grand Prix Weekend. The cabbie said it would cost $35 to get me home to Richmond. Told the cabbie to go fuck himself and strode up the road to get the tram. 

10.30 p.m. AEDST

Got home after a thankfully uneventful tram ride for which I only had to wait a minute. Better than a $35 cab ride off a rorting cabbie. 

11.00 p.m. AEDST

Finish this blog, have a shower and go get some much needed sleep. I think the clingy cat might join me tonight. 

I've had three hours of patchy sleep - no wonder I'm tired. 

Today's song: 

No comments: