Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Notes from today

 I did a day in the office, had lunch with the engineer, had a session with the shrink then came home to an online meeting. 

I'm stuffed and really don't want to be writing. 

So here are a few notes from today. 

1) Did you know you can buy a mouse at Officeworks for $139? This was the mouse that was recommended to me. Like yeah... nah. I had bought a very cheap mouse a few weeks ago after leaving my dongle on my other computer. Today, I went to use the very cheap mouse, to find it was no longer working. This meant a trip to the nearest Officeworks.

I did not buy the $139 bluetooth mouse. For that sort of money you'd hope it would make you a cup of tea in the morning. Instead, I bought a nice red one that will hopefully go fast. It does the job as long as the batteries hold out. 

2) I've been fantasizing about the Qantas Club Bloody Mary's. They do good ones - it's all about the Maggie Beer Worcestershire Sauce. I don't have long to wait. 

3) I'm starting to believe it's good to honour my quirks, whether they be neuro-spiciness or just some things just about me. I'm learning, with help from the shrink, that these oddities are okay. It's only taken 55 years...

4) My faith in human beings has been restored a little. I had a delivery today while I was at work. The courier was given instructions to leave the box behind my car in the carport. It seems my text wasn't received by the courier in time and they left the large box sitting outside the bottom of the stairwell for the world to trip over. They sent photos of this. Arriving home a couple of hours later, there was no box. I walked up the stairs thinking that I was going to have to complain. Thankfully, one of the neighbours brought the box and put it in front of my door. It's the little things.

That will do. I still have to ruminate over tonight's session with the shrink. 

Today's song: 

No comments: