Well, the gym membership has been sorted. I marched into the gym tonight and saw Chuck. I told him that I was auditioning gyms, but ultimately, I would go where he goes. I told him about the sessions that I’m having at a gym near home.
“I’m sorted,” he told me.
“Already?”
“I’m off to Gym 24/7,” he says proudly.
“Thank heavens for that.”
Of the gyms I’ve seen, this is my preferred location. And it’s cheap.
And okay, it doesn’t have ski ergs or TRXs or classes, But it’s five minutes' walk from my front door, it’s got a good atmosphere, and some other things that I think I’ll like. The dry sauna, the reformer beds, and the various areas for training are really good. It’s going to feel strange to be broken up with Fitness First, I’ve been going to that gym for 18 years, consistently two, three, four times a week.
I think about the fact that it’s been 18 years, and I’m really quite proud of that.
At least, there is a way forward. And Chuck was his normal bastard self, making me do all sorts of things at a heavier weight. He's a bad man. It's why I pay him.
And this is why I like training.
No comments:
Post a Comment