I'm not thrilled with this week's questions. They're not my cup of tea - but that's okay. It's lovely that somebody sets the questions every week, and for this I'm grateful.
According to the blurb it says:
Back in 2007, Sparky Duck at Philly Transplant played the $50,000 Meme. That was nearly 20 years ago. To make it more relevant to our day and age, it's been updated and is now the ...
The $80,000 Meme
Premise: A philanthropist awards you USD $80,000 with the stipulation that you must spend half on yourself and half for the benefit of others. This translates to around AUD 114,000.
Questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing.
1. Of the $57,000 you must spend on yourself:
a. First you throw yourself a lavish birthday party. Tell us about it.
If I'm honest, I'd take a few friends to Paris, business class flights, for a few weeks. No party, just hang out in Paris, in style. That sounds like fun.
b. Then you take off on a cruise. Where are you headed?
You have two chances of getting me on a traditional cruise. None and f*ck all.
If it was a small charter cruise then either a luxury cruise around Australia's top end, or may down the Croatian coast - but it would have to be a small boat with fewer than 50 people on it. Cruises sound like a fantastic way to get COVID or gastro. They're not my thing, even though I love boats.
2. Of the $57,000 you must spend for the benefit of others:
a. Who would be on your gift list? What would buy them?
It's too late to think about this stuff. I'll give the money to charity. Most of my friends have everything they want and need, thank goodness.
b. Which charities would you support?
Here are some of the charities who would receive money from me:
- The Leukaemia Foundation
- Catherine Hamlin Fistula Foundation
- The Fred Hollows Foundation.
- Planned Parenthood
- Canteen
- Go Gentle Australia
- And an animal charity of some description - Lort Smith Animal Hospital / RSPCA
1 comment:
Oh, Planned Parenthood - could have been on my list. I found the questions tough, too, but that's the joy, I suppose.
Post a Comment