Monday, August 17, 2026

Jazz or Classical

Uncommon dilemma. 

I've got two options for Saturday night. 

I rarely go out Saturday night, but here I am with two choices after what's going to be a busy week. 

Option One:

A friend's partner plays in a jazz trio. They are having an album release at a jazz bar in Brunswick on Saturday night. I don’t mind jazz. I’ve heard the trio play on a number of occasions. The only downside is it means going to Brunswick.

Options Two: 

A friend and his choir are singing at Hamer Hall on Saturday night. It’s something like choir in a day where everybody gets the music in the week before, they have one days rehearsal, And then they go on on the Saturday night. They’re not playing anything I’ve heard other than it’s classical, and it’s a one night only thing. I do know that my friend’s choir would be very good. He’s a bass.

Both events cost about the same. Both require some travel. Both are one night only events. Both would require me to put on proper clothes and some spakfilla on my face. 

It’s just not a dilemma I’m used to. Two events on the one night.who knew.

And I can’t go to both.

Maybe, I should sit on the couch and do some crochet instead.

Today's song:



No comments: