Wednesday, August 5, 2026

About today

 I will tell you about my day - as I've got nothing to write about that either won't get me up on a soap box or bore you witless.

Here we go:

I scored a small pantry.

One of my neighbours was going to put it out to hard rubbish. It's the right size - I have a place in the kitchen to put it, it's white and in good knick. We'll haul it over here tomorrow night after my psych appointment. Finally, I might be able to clear my kitchen bench. The kitchen storage here is awful. Might see if my nice next-door neighbour might give us a hand. 

I finished Dungeon Crawler Carl

I needed the antithesis of the fabulous, but frightening Regime Change, the book about Trump's second term. Horrifying, car crash reading - or in my case listening. So, in a knee jerk reaction, I put on Dungeon Crawler Carl by Matt Dinneman on my audible player. First up, the audiobook version is excellent - brilliantly done. 

Admittedly, I wanted to find out about the hype. Carl is an ex-services firefighter who finds himself in a role-playing computer game with his ex-girlfriend's cat, Princess Donut, after the world is destroyed. Donut talks, Carl is very resourceful, but he has no shoes or pants (he was outside trying to rescue the cat on a snowy night when the world was obliterated. The book is very violent, very funny and if you've had anything to do with computer games, you'll see the appeal. My biggest criticism is that the book has a lot of repetition. But there are now eight or nine books in the series according to AI.

  • Dungeon Crawler Carl (2020)
  • Carl’s Doomsday Scenario (2021)
  • The Dungeon Anarchist’s Cookbook (2021)
  • The Gate of the Feral Gods (2021)
  • The Butcher’s Masquerade (2022)
  • The Eye of the Bedlam Bride (2023)
  • This Inevitable Ruin (2024)
  • A Parade of Horribles (2026)
  • Carl’s Book of Boom (2026) 
I've read the first one. I don't need to read more. 

I hit a few personal bests at the gym tonight.

Working alone with Chuck tonight, he put me through my paces. He was mean. I did personal bests on the lat pulldown and the seated row. 52 kgs for the pull downs (8 plates) and 45 kilograms for the seated rows (7 plates). I'm getting into the realms of bloke weights. 

The cat threw up on the mat

Why can't cats throw up on the tiles. I'm getting sick of having to wash the floor mat. It covers over the phone cables. 

Nothing is better than a baked potato with baked beans and cheese for lunch.

Nuff said. 

And I heard the Dumb Ways to Die song

And felt sad, because I remember singing it with my niece, and she's no longer here. Still the best ever public service announcement - along with the dance. 


Today's song:



No comments: