Week one at the new gym has come and gone and the sky is not falling in.
I've discovered the following:
1) You do get used to the new machines. There are three leg presses at the new place. They are all different. None of them are comparable to old faithful, but it's just a matter of adjusting. There's also lots of different machines - the same as the old place, but just a little bit different.
2) It appears to be busy between 5-7 on weekdays. We train with Cleo and Chuck at 6.30. It does seem to calm down during that last half hour.
3) Lots of ordinary people go to this gym. I love this about the place.
4) I rather like the zones in this place. Cardio machines are upstairs and out of the way. There's also a studio of classes up another set of stairs. The main gym is huge, but there's a back room with a couple of cable machines, some squat racks and lots of free weights - it's cool. I also like the bookable pilates reformer beds and infrared saunas - which all come free with membership.
5) Continuing with the boxing lessons at the other gym has been great. I'm a little fitter than I think I am. It's certainly helped reduce my fear of cardio and I've made the commitment to myself to do a couple of half hour sessions going forward. I can do it. It makes me feel good even if I go red in the face.
6) And I'm really loving that the gym is an easy five-minute's walk from my front door. It's keeping me out of Coles after they gym (though the local, and rather expensive IGA is only a few doors down, but in the wrong direction.)
It's all settling into a good regime. The routine is being found. Things are being found more easily. I don't feel intimidated. I'm happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment