Saturday, August 29, 2026

Sunday Stealing says Yeah

 It's Saturday morning. I'm having a lovely quiet one. I've made the bed, mainly because the cat said that I have to. I've done some crocket. I've done a little job hunting. I need to go down the shopping centre to go to the chemist and to drop some trousers for mending. I'm going to go for a swim later this afternoon. I want to get some other writing done. And my taxes. All on a nice sunny Saturday. It's lovely and relaxing. 

Questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing

1. What will you remember from August 2026?

I hate to say it, but August 2026 will always be about the fact that Dolly Parton and Tim Curry died in quick succession. I admired both performers for different reasons. It's sad that they're gone, but their work will live on. 

My birthday was a bit of a non-event this year, so nothing to write home about there. 

2. When will you start your holiday shopping?

Oh, when will I start Christmas shopping? Probably two weeks before Christmas. I have, however, started making Blarney's blanket for her Christmas present. Crocheting blankets takes time, but it is well under way. Then I'll get a start on the dog and cat blanket for various people. I like making people things for Christmas. 

3. Where did you meet the person you fell the hardest for?

Work. 

4. Where did you meet your best friend?

I have a number of close friends. Geetangeli I met at university college. Mariah, Blarney and Jonella I met at work - different jobs, but all at work. 

5. Share a fact about the last person who texted you.

Jay is my gym buddy. We're discussing what time to meet at the gym tomorrow. 


Today's song:



No comments: