Wednesday, August 12, 2026

The To Do List

I need to have a checklist. There is so much to do, and I keep sitting here on my couch crocheting blankets. This has to stop.

Also, I find that it’s good to have a list, I have something to mark off, something that shows that I’m making some sort of progress.

Here are the things that I need to start getting done:

1) Start getting my tax in order. 

It’s that time of year. Thankfully, my tax affairs are fairly simple. But it’s a matter of getting the spreadsheet done, getting all the receipts and putting them in order, and I am waiting for one piece of paper from one of my managed funds. They said they would be out at the end of the month. What’s that happens? I can ring the accountant and get that done. 

2) Call the New York Times

My subscription to the New York Times, which I do read every day, as well as do the Wordle and their connections puzzle, went from four dollars a month to $25 a month. I need to speak to a human for this one. Hopefully they will put me on some special deal for another year at a few dollars a month and life will be okay again. I do like reading the New York Times, just to see what’s going on in the United States of Hell. At least you know everything has been fact checked.

3) Look at the mason’s books

I am the auditor for one order, and the treasurer for another. One is a 20-minute job. The other is a half hour job. I must stop procrastinating.

4) Learn my mason’s ritual for next week

Learning ritual is like learning lines for a play. I have quite apart in the ritual for the week after next. I have done this a number of times before but I have to bone up on what I need to do. It’s a nice thing to do.

5) Put a few more things on Depop

I’ve been having a cleanup around this place and it’s been good. I’ve sold a few things. There are a few more things to go on this wonderful website which helps you sell off pieces of your wardrobe. Very easy to use to, I just have to stop procrastinating.

6) Price up birthday cake

I probably should bring a birthday cake to book group next week. We’re meeting in person at my local pub. There is no cakeage, but if I’m going to bring my own birthday cake to book group, it might as well be something I enjoy. Jonella offered to make me a birthday cake, And that was very lovely of her, but I have a feeling I want something that’s either vanilla or caramel. Not chocolate. I can also get something very little, cause nobody in my book group seems to eat anything sweet after 4 pm.

7) Start looking for a new job.

It’s that time again. I have a job until the end of September, but about six weeks out I start looking again. This is not to say that where I am at the moment might have something for me after September, but I would like to get ahead of the game. I’ve started to make my list about what I’m looking for. I’m gonna get a job, and it’s gonna be great. Just watch me..

8) Start watching Ted Lasso

The new series of Ted Lasso is out. One episode a week. I love Ted Lasso.

Now let’s start marking some of these things off.






No comments: