Monday, April 11, 2011

Goodbye, Freedom

Tomorrow is my last day of "unemployment" for a while.

And I'm already mourning the loss of my perceived freedom - like I know after tomorrow,I'm going to have to get up at a certain time, exercise at certain times, be under flourescent lights all day, sitting on my bum writing all day, putting up with egos over every shape and size.

I am relishing the fact that money will be coming back into the account as well. I like that I might get to replace my car in the next few months and get a few more assets to my name. It will be great to meet some new people, it will be great to be in a routine.

Just before lunch I'll go in to the new office, pick up my new work laptop, fill in some forms and get to learn about the time sheeting systems (joy). We'll go to the gym before this, meet somebody for lunch after, maybe got to pump in the evening, and that will be it. No more sleeping late (not that I've really done this) 15 kilometre walks on Mondays, endless coffees or hanging out at the career consultants.

Replacing my loose schedule will be strict time tables, meetings and pondering how I'm going to get my legs waxed and see Blarney and the Maow Maow on the same day.

Ah, it will do me good.

I never made it to the Immigration Museum, Heide, the Galleries and various other places. The interior doors in my flat never got painted.

But I'm 13 kilograms lighter and a lot fitter than I was at the start of the year. This is what I'm concentrating on.

These three months have been a revelation in that way. Though there is part of me that think this time has been wasted, it's really been the time of my life.

2 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

It's been a privilege to have joined you on your 'journey' and for you to have been generous enough to share it with us.

Keep us posted as often as you can!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Good luck!

:0)

Cheers

PM