Thursday, April 8, 2021

Eating and Drinking Day

There is a small cat next to me demanding treats. It seems I cannot go out for a couple of meals without being told off  and treats must be given after. 

So I left this morning at 7.15, walking down to Three Bags Full in Abbotsford. to meet a mate for breakfast. It was a strange, foggy morning, and I often forget how much the light is different at this time of day. 


Victoria Street, 7.15 am


It's always wonderful catching up with Damo. He lets me live vicariously though his burgeouning PhD, I get to talk about being a cat-owning wannabee novelist. 

Breakfast this morning was the Three Bags Full tasting plate. Orange juice, a poached egg, home cured bacon on sourdough toast with some smashed avocado and feta, with some bircher muesli, Greek yoghurt and grated apple. The perfect blend of savoury and sweet - and not too much (Three Bags Full are generous with their servings). This was washed down with my standard almond decaf latte. 


I waddled home two hours later and got stuck into a day of admin.

This evening, after a chat to my doctor, a leg wax and finding out that getting rid of my landline might just take a trip into town to see Telstra, I went to Brogan's Way to meet Ginny, a friend who had the night off from Mum duties. 

Entering the premises, it looked like my kind of place. 


We settled in and had a pre-dinner coctail. I settled on the Ginprirhina - this passionfruity affair with passionfruit gin liqueur, passionfruit pulp and all sorts of other goodies in it. It was divine. Then again, I adore passionfruit - it's my favourite of all fruits. 


And I think I might have to go back to get some of their passionfruit gin liqueur. I know I'm not supposed to be buying gin until July, but I think I can get this on a technicality - as it's liqueur...

The off to dinner at The National, as The Royston was booked out. 

I had the parma, because I'm boring and thankfully it's not a huge parma - just a nice sized one. 

And to drink - a Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice Gin, with soda and lime. It was just perfect - soft and refeshing - but maybe should have left out the lime and gone with the cucumber (which you always have with the garden variety Hendricks)


We are so very fortunate we can do all of this, even if it is a COVID normal state. It's so good to be able to go out and meet friends for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

In all, it's been a really good day. 

And then it was home to this goober, who greeted me with cuddles. 




Today's song:










No comments: