Thursday, April 1, 2021

Ten Days Off

My ten day off work has started. Ten full days. The work computer has been stowed away in a cupboard and I've had a half day of sorts Went to the gym and did some last minute, pre-Good Friday shopping, seeing that everything is closed tomorrow. And life is good. 

Life is even better as I get paid holiday. One of the better things about being on a fixed term contract. 

I made the statement that I'm going to turn myself into a proper writer over the next ten days - and work on the novel. Well that's the theory. 

In practice over the next ten days I have quite a bit of other stuff to do - including: 

  • Painting the architraves
  • Exercising daily
  • Calling some applicants for some jobs at with the mason's property committee
  • A doctor's appointment
  • Breakfast with an old uni mate
  • Dinner and drinks
  • A gin high tea somewhere down the Mornington Peninsula
  • Mediation
  • Taking Blarney's boys to the movies
  • Taking myself to the movies
  • Make an appointment to talk to a death doula (for the novel) 
  • Unpacking all of the crap from rearranging that happened with the floorboards
  • Update my vision board
Among other things.

But what would I really like to do, other than spend a couple of hours each day in the Redmond Barry Reading Room at the State Library?

See, in my wildest dreams I'd like to take myself on a retreat. Go somewhere in the country - if it's near the beach, even better. Somewhere, like a holiday home, that has an open fire and a large bath tub and no telly (but good wifi). A place where I can read and write. A place where the cat will be happy indoors. (May as well take him with me). Maybe a place with a deck and a barbeque and a spare room so friends can come visit overnight. Somewhere, where I can get away. 

I haven't ever done this. I can't remember ever going away for Easter. I've not really ever gone on holiday in my own country. I've never really gone away for weekends - the odd writer's retreat a rare exception. If I go away, I tend to go overseas - head to see Geetangeli in New Zealand, or spend a week in Ubud in Bali.

But this time round - this Easter, a big part of me wishes I was going away. A bigger part of me wishes I had somebody to go with. 

Maybe this should be something for the vision board. 

I've found a place I want to stay. I like the look of this

Time to start looking at my dreams. Time to start manifesting. 


Today's song:

1 comment:

MedicatedMoo said...

Ooooh yes, I'd love to do that too.