Sunday, April 4, 2021

Etsy

 It's Easter. The sun is shining. And I have a week off work. 

So I'm trying to turn myself into a novelist for the next week. 

Wish me luck.

Questions, as always, have been provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing


1. What’s your favorite kind of cake?

Oh, if I can have anything, please can I have David Jones flourless lemon cake with cream cheese icing. It's incredible stuff. I love anything lemon, but the one they do at David Jones is just phenomenal. (I don't do a bad lemon polenta cake either)

2. What’s your favorite cocktail?

I make myself Negronis regularly, but if somebody else is making me a cocktail, it has gin and elderflower in it, I'm happy. I'm also quite fond of a good Long Island Iced Tea and a Mojito. 

3. If you are alone for the evening, what do you fix yourself for dinner?

If I'm cooking just for me I'll do some steak, or a salmon steak, with salad and vegetables. Love that. 

4. What make was your first car?

I had a 1966 EJ Holden named Edna when I was growing up. The first car I bought myself was a 1989 Ford Festiva named Phoebe - and I had that for a few years in England. 

5. What is your height?

166 centimetres, or 5'5 1/2" in the old money. 

6. What was your least favorite toy as a child?

I was never really into fluffy toys, and I outgrew dolls really early as I had animals to play with and a very long standing adoration of Lego and craft. 

7. What’s your favorite cartoon character?

I can't think of one favourite, but here are a few I love:

  • Jessica Rabbit (From Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)
  • Rugrats
  • Hong Kong Phooey (who'd probably very un-PC now)
  • Kenny and Cartman from Southpark
  • The original X-Men cartoon from the 90s.
And of course, anything from Pixar. 

8. What’s your dream car?

A late model Mercedes convertible sports car. 

9. What’s your favorite pizza topping?

Depends where the pizza comes from. Some sort of Mexican Hot arrangment (salami, chilli, peppers, anchovies, red sauce and cheese) if I'm getting a delivery. In a restaurant, where they do thin crust and have a wood fired oven, it could be anything that takes my fancy. They had a good special with rocket (arugala) figs, goats cheese and pine nuts at La Camera the other week.

10. What’s your favorite sports team?

The Adelaide Crows are my football team - this is for Australian Rules football, as there is no other game, when it all comes down to it. I also loosly follow the Australian Cricket team and will sit through the odd rugby union match. Other than the Crows, I'm not really into sport. 

11. What’s your favorite TV show?

At the moment, one of the following:

  • Lucifer
  • Suits
  • The West Wing
  • Six Feet Under
  • Frasier
  • Mad Men
  • The Hour (BBC show  - amazing)
  • Drop the Dead Donkey (From the late 90s in England - it was brilliant)

12. What is your favorite ice cream?

Again, depends from where the ice cream is purchased and in what form.

From the supermarket, Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Choc Chip cookie dough. Or Maggie Beer's burnt fig jam ice cream (incredible stuff just hard to find) If I'm out and it's in a cone - hmm, a good rum and raisin or coffee ice cream always goes well. And if it's one of the Asian places, decent green tea or black sesame is good - or if you can find it, white chocolate and wasabi ice cream is a revelation. 

13. What is your favorite song?

This. Always has been. Always will be.

14. What’s your least favorite chore?

Mopping the floors. I'm not fond of hoovering (vacuuming) either, but as I've just had floorboards put down, I'm trying to keep them clean and nice, so it's a necessary task. 

15. What was your first job?

I worked in the general store behind the counter for a number of year. I stayed in retail while I was at uni too. 

Today's song: 



5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

oh your pizza sounds good, figs and goat cheese... I like some of those shows too... ahhhhhh West Wing...

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Good luck with the novel.

I love salmon steak - we have that regularly.

I remember Hong Kong Phooey too - thinking about it now, it is a weird premise for a cartoon.

Drop the Dead Donkey was absolutely brilliant. In the 90's it was in my top five comedy shows.

Hoovering is good if you have music on (Like "I Want to Break Free" - not that I would dress up as a housewife).

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

I started learning Footie when I was in Australia and really enjoyed it. Cricket is entirely too slow for me--and any sport that takes a tea break.....

The pizzas you describe sound completely different from pizza we have here, especially the second one, which I would never eat (i hate goat cheese)

Me, Myself, and I said...

I am taking note of these pizzas for the next "design your own" pizza. Yum.

songbird's crazy world said...

That Norman Greenbaum song ... I love it