Thursday, January 12, 2023

Prince Harry's Ghost Writer

 Who would be Harry's ghost writer? 

I mean, you spend what's got to be the better part of the year writing this tome along with the ex-Prince (Is he an ex-prince, or still a prince? I can't keep up, and basically, I don't care - oh, hang on, it says the book is by Prince Harry - must be a prince.)

Like, this book is all over the place at the moment. Turn on a terrestrial station and there's Harry talking to some telly host. 

Please tell me why I would want to read a 410 page book that somebody else has written. I'm sure Harry was calling the shots, but somebody else would have done the physical writing. 

I mean, Harry's blurb on GoodReads.com says that he's "...The Duke of Sussex, is a husband, father, humanitarian, military veteran, mental wellness advocate, and environmentalist. He resides in Santa Barbara, California, with his family and three dogs."  He has three dogs. He's gone up in my estimation.


I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but this screams Entitled Ginger Git. 

It's been published by Penguin/Random House. Well, that says a lot. Goes to show that this has been done for the money. Penguin/Random House are a reputable publishers - it goes to show that they need money too. According to the media, this is one of the best selling non-fiction books ever. UIm.. spare me. 

Oh, that's the other thing - this is out in hard cover. Where are you going to put it? And at $60, why are you going to buy it, although it seems to be discounted all around the place - $45 at Dymocks. $35 at Amazon and Target. 

I keep going back to the ghost writer. I really do home they are in on the profits. I know that they'd have to be NDA'd up to the max - but I really do hope they got paid well for this job. They deserve it. Possibly, if their name got out, they may need danger money. 

Will I be reading this. Umm, no. Not my thing. Allegedly he and his wife left for America to get away from the media. I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie by not subscribing. (although I can pick up the audiobook for a song, I'm choosing not to. )

Today's song:

No comments: