Saturday, January 7, 2023

Sunday Stealing: If

 I'm writing this from Sydney, where I'm about to go and have a lovely dinner then go and see Michael Sheen in Amadeus at the Sydney Opera House. I'm rather excited about this. Love Michael Sheen.

Better get cracking on these questions, provided, as always, by Bev at Sunday Stealing. 

1. If you could change the ending to one movie you have seen, which one would it be, and how would you reshoot it?

Oh, so many of these to choose from. Hmmm. I'm going to come back to this one. 

I have come back to this six hours later and I'm still stumped, but I'll say it would be a different movie if Iron Man / Tony Stark had lived at the end of The Avengers movies. 

2. If you were to select a food that best describes your character, what food would it be?

Smoked Salmon. I'm rare but commonplace. A little uncooked at times. A little raw. The result of pickling and time. Too expensive for my own good. And found at the best places. 

3. If you could cure any disease, which would it be?

Leukaemia. I might still have my other niece here if I could do that (Leukaemia treatments are awful).

Next on the list would be Type 1 Diabetes. Although it can be controlled it can be so lethal.

4. If you had to describe the single worst thing a friend could do to you, what would it be?

Betray me. Do it at your own peril. It's not pretty. 

5. If you could be a contestant on any game show, which would you like to be on?

I'd love to give Who Wants to be a Millionaire a go. I think I'd do well at that.

6. If you could choose the music at your own funeral, what would it be, and who would play it?

There are so many tunes to choose from. Here are a few songs I've thought about asking to go on the play list:

 and 

7. If you had to spend all of your vacations for the rest of your life in the same place, where would you go?

Either all expenses in London or Ubud in Bali - either would suit me well, 

8. If you could ask God a single question, what would it be?

Why do you allow war and hatred?

9. If you could eat one food in any quantity for the rest of your life with no ill effects whatsoever what food would you choose?

Ice cream. Any ice cream. It is the sixth food group after all...

10. If you could have a year any place in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

At the moment that would be Paris - in one of the inner Arrondisements. I would love to be fluent in French and this is the only way I can see this happening. 

11. If you could forever eliminate one specific type of prejudice from the earth, which would it be?

Sexism, racism and ageism. Sorry, I want to see all of these gone. 

12. If you could own one painting from any collection in the world but were not allowed to sell it, which work of art would you select?

Jackson Pollock's Blue Poles. I can stare into that forever. It currently hangs in the National Gallery in Canberra. It's extraordinary. 

If not this, then the Wilton Diptych, which lives in The National Gallery in London, but it would be mean to not allow the rest of the world viewing access to the girlies. 

13. If you could ask a single question of a dead relative, what would it be and of whom would you ask it?

This is a bit of a loaded question which could take hours to answer. I would love to get some truths out of my paternal grandparents. The house was a very sad one. I want to know why. 

14. If you had to choose the best television show ever made, which one would you pick?

There is a lot of good telly out there. It is so hard to say the best show ever made is....

My top picks include:

  • The West Wing
  • Six Feet Under
  • Drop the Dead Donkey
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Incredible writing, incredible world building)
  • Fleabag (Oh my - what a show)
  • Mad Men
  • Blackadder
  • MASH (This is still hilarious)
  • Frasier
Don't make me choose one.

15. If you could write letters to only one person for the rest of your life, who would receive them?

Like most people, I haven't written letters in years. I have no idea how to answer this one.  Maybe a good writing coach,

Today's song:

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

We both picked West Wing and M*A*S*H. I would probably also put Six Feet Under on a long list too. I used to watch Frasier every day for a few years, but not sure I would consider it one of the best shows.

Roger Owen Green said...

I like Lily Allen,
Millionaire is too intense for me. One wrong answer and you're gone.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I reckon that Iron Man's demise was fine. Something had to give.

Like your answer to #2 - much better than mine. :o)

#12 - I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

I've never seen Fleabag or Six Feet Under - maybe I will give them a go. I loved Blackadder and Drop the Dead Donkey.

:o)

Cheers

PM

**Syl said...

Saw Blackadder last year again and recently a few episodes of M*A*S*H.
I loved both of them.

I should have made a long list, but it would probably be too long.