Sunday, January 1, 2023

Sunday Stealing: Last Year I...

Happy New Year one and all. It's been 2023 here for about 22 hours and I can't see anything too different - other than it's hot here - at 10 pm it's still 30 degrees centigrade outside. This heat is enough to pickle your brain. 

Questions, as always, were procured by Bev at Sunday Stealing

What song will always remind you of last year?  Doesn't have to be a song released last year.

I heard this at the gym a lot this year. I think it's on Cleo's main playlist, but I do love it. 

What do you wish you would have done more of?

Write fiction. 

What do you wish you would have done less of?

Procrastinate. And work in the early part of the year. Burnout sucks. 

What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?

Favourite new telly show is definitely Wednesday. I love Tim Burton and this is great. 

Favourite new movies from last year were Good Luck to You, Leo Grande and The Quiet Girl. Both were excellent. 

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? 

On my birthday, I went out with friends to the pub, which was lovely, especially since my birthday was in lockdown for the last two years. A week later, some friends and I went and did a painting class - which was also fun. 

What political or social issue stirred you the most? 

I got very upset about the repealing of Roe vs Wade in the U.S. I mean, how backwards is that 

 but then again, I don't get American Healthcare at all.

In Australia, I was very pleased to see the old, conservative, inept Federal Government sent packing. Australia feels like a nice place to be now. The new government seems to be kicking goals. 

Who was the most interesting new person you met?

I can't think of one to date, but I do love my new team at work. They are all fascinating - and great people. 

What changed at your job?

I left one job at a power company and started a new one, doing the same thing, at a bank. I'm a lot happier at the new job. 

What changed in your home? 

Not much. It might be a bit neater - oh yeah, they put in a new split system in the lounge - it both hjeats and cools. It's great. 

Describe how a relationship changed. 

None of my relationships really changed - I see some people more, and some people less. On that side of things, things are pretty stable. 

Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year?  How so?

I think I'm a bit more confident in saying no now. After a horrific first six months of work, I'm a lot more balanced now, though the burnout took a lot to get over. 

Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain. 

Balanced. Contented. Hopeful. 


Today's song: 

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I'm American and I don't get what we're doing over here.

Regarding blogging daily, if you enjoy it, or it helps to have it as a writing habit, do it. I skip a day here and there but for the most part I at least post a picture, to try to keep it daily.