Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Textures

I half promised myself I wouldn't start a new knitting project before I got my colleague's hat got finished. 

Well, that didn't happen. 

The thing with making beanies is that they're boring. Good for keeping the hands busy, but they aren't mentally stimulating.

And I never make anything for me. 

And I found this wrap, which can be work as a scarf or a wrap and it was cabled, and I like cables. If I'm honest, I just like the textures. 

And it's not that hard to do. Once you get into the cables it's just a matter of counting and remembering whether the cable needles goes to the back or the front. 

You have to pay attention to what you're doing. Lots of counting. Knit one, purl one, knit one, purl three. Simples.

And as winter is months away, I can take my time on it. 

As I'm off to Sydney this weekend, I can take the beanie with me for down-time crafting. 

But this scarf can be savoured, the meditative workings of the hands and mind will be happily encountered over the next while. And I'll enjoy what comes out at the end of the sticks.

See, it's pretty. 


Today's song:

No comments: