Today is Christmas wrapping day. Christmas is nearly finished. Found some butterscotch for my hosts (bought him something my grandfather would like), have Barney's 12 assorted beers in the car and I will be picking up the Maow Maow this evening for a month at Aunty Pand's (lucky cat).
Five more days at work and I'm of for three weeks. Have a gentleman's agreement that I will finish the episode in draft of the mini-series I started earlier this year. I also want to get some work done on some of next year's reading if I can. Lots to do. Tasmania first (next weekend).
Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing:
1. Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to?
Being lied to. Have no idea why anybody would want to gossip about me anyway. I'm boring.
2. What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Or if you have better taste, Dunkin’Donuts?
Melbourne has far too many good coffee places to go to Starbucks Seriously, they are one up from Gloria Jeans which is run by a homophobic mega-church and I refuse point blank to buy coffee there - I will get the odd cappuccino from there, but really, by Melbourne standards - crap coffee. We don't have Dunkin Donuts here either.
3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good).
No. Too many to choose from.
4. Is it hard for you to ask some to forgive you when you have wronged them?
Okay - depends what it is.
5. Who do you wish you could meet?
Would love to meet William Shakespeare and grill him about a few of his plays.
6. Best food comes from which country?
Do I have to choose one? Spain. Love Spanish food.
7. Do you like small talk, or deep conversations?
8. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
Well, there isn't much left of this year, but I have a friend that I really want to encourage to get some help, pointed, targetted help. Just how to broach this with this person...
9. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?
Save 10% of your salary each week. I'm trying. Currently that 10% is paying for tuition.
10. How often do you get real sick?
I tend to get a really bad flu/chest infection once a year. Thankfully that is about it.
11. Are you a person who has a whole lot of acquaintances, or just a few very close friends?
A bit of both. A couple of close friends, but a wide circle of acquaintences too.
12. If you could cure a disease, or heal a sickness, which one would you choose?
I wish I could retrospectively cure leukaemia. I really do.
13. What was your favorite book of 2016?
Although harrowing, "The Natural Way of Things" by Charlotte Wood was excellent. I love ML Steadman's "The Light Between Oceans" was fantastic too - much better than the movie.
14. What was one of your biggest accomplishments in 2016?
In some ways, just staying upright has been an achievement. I've got two high distinctions and a distinction for my Masters course this year too. Not a bad effort.
15. If you could be guaranteed a spot on the reality show "Survivor", would you go?
Maybe. Though the sight of me in a swimsuit would probably not be good for the viewing public.
16. Which is worse? Shopping for Jeans or a bathing suit?
Bathing suit. Jeans I can do no the denim has a bit of stretch in them in larger sizes.
17. How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)?
My grandmother made it to 104. My oldest currently living relative is my aunt who's tipping 90 in January.