Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Art Historic Meme.

I'm exhausted. But I am standing. Just.

On the good side of things:

  • I got my 50000 words for NaNoWriMo
  • In three weeks time I have two weeks off
  • I've got a quiet weekend at home
  • I'm getting through the ironing
  • My leg is getting better thanks to Spencer, myotherapist extraordinaire and his dry needles
  • I'm off to breakfast at the gym in a bit.

Quick Questions are good questions, so thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing for these. The deal is iron something, do a question.


Classical: If you were an Olympian god, what would you be known for?

My amazing ability to bounce back. I'm like a rubber band at times.

Byzantine: Do you prefer gold or silver accessories?

Silver. I've always worn silver. Would love to wear its grown up cousin platinum one day.

Medieval: Are you religious?

No, I'm not religious at all - but I am very spiritual. I have an all rather than one mentality.

Gothic: What is your favourite historic building?

Well, in Australia, the oldest buildings are like two hundred and thirty years old. However, I am a great lover of Westminster Abbey in London. Fascinating place. Ely Cathedral is another favourite too. The light in the Lady Chapel is incredible.

Image result for ely cathedral

Renaissance: Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt enlightened or changed?

I think I'm going through that at the moment. Catharsis requires a maelstrom to do it properly.

Baroque: Do you enjoy the finer things in life?

Absolutely. Probably to my detriment.

Rococo: Is your bedroom full or trinkets and pictures? If so, which pictures adorn your walls?

No. I've kept my bedroom pretty free from that sort of stuff. I have a toy panda which I bought in Bath 25 years ago, that is about this. I have two small pen and ink drawings on he walls. That's it/

Neoclassicism: If something came back into fashion, what do you hope it would be?

Capes. I would love a red cape. Pencil skirts are good too.

Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?

I try to do this all the time. It is my modus operandi. Why would you do anything else?

Pre-Raphaelite: Which book would you like to see turned into a film?

Oh, there are a couple. One day they might do Donna Tartt's The Secret History and do it properly. I've been casting this for years.

A Little Life - now that is more a mini-series than a movie. Great book.

Oh, and one day they will do a proper movie of Captain Corelli's Mandolin. Nicholas Cage - what the hell were they thinking?

I love casting movies in my head.

Impressionism: Do you look for details or take everything in at once?

A bit of both. I like to survey the scene first, then get on with the finer points.

Art Nouveau: When were you last at the theatre?

Friday Night. I subscribe to the Melbourne Theatre Company. The play, Astroman was very enjoyable.

Surrealism: Why does the porcupine think it's a duck?

Because it ate some funny mushrooms and that's what happens when you don't check your mushies property. Puked up quite soon after it had this thought.

Pop Art: Do you enjoy pop culture?

Strangely, yes. Even as I age, I like to know what is going on. Good to have your finger near the pulse of the zeitgeist.

Contemporary: What did you do today?

So far I've got up, done some ironing, had a cup of tea, made the bed and written this. I'm off to the gym now to meet Jay after a light upper body work out and breakfast. Going for a float later. Might go see Maow Maow after that.

Today's Song:


4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Capes! I loved capes.

Lori said...

I had a friend that would always wear a cape she had made on Halloween and it was beautiful. She died back in the summer, so I missed seeing her this year.
Have a great day and enjoy your float! Oh how I love summer! I enjoyed your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

Our Cracker Barrel restaurants seem to think capes are in style as they sell them every fall/winter. I love the look of them, but haven't convinced myself to buy one yet. Enjoy your relaxing weekend. I'm doing just that myself.

CountryDew said...

I like capes, too, but they make me look shorter than I already am (which is pretty short).