Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Fashion Asks Meme

Hard and heavy day today. She's been gone three years. That time has gone far too fast.

Looking for distractions. Today's song is in her honour. Pity leukaemia isn't part of the dumb ways to die - it is a shocker of a way to go (This is also one of the best public service announcements ever made)



Questions, as aways, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.


   What season has your favorite looks?

Probably Autumn. Half light, half heavy and I love the colours.

    Formal or casual?

I'm a casual dresser, but I love the look of formal attire.

    Thrift store, boutique, or online?

I have my shops I go to - but I buy a lot online. The op shops around our way have normally been picked over too well for my size - and I am picky.

    What’s your favorite decade for fashion?

I love the look of the late fifties and early sixties - I've been watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel - the fashions there are incredible.

    Do you like to accessorize?

Not really - I'm a very plain dresser.

    What does your basic outfit look like?

Black pants or skirt, black or plain top and a cardigan. I like block colours - lot of blue and red, a bit of green. Sometimes stripes.

    What piece of clothing do you spend your money on the most?

I have a dress that I wore at my 40th which was over $200. I normally buy clothes on sale.

    Do you wear hats?

Sometimes. I look good in hats, but I lose them too often.

    What is your opinion on wearing socks and sandals together?

Yuck. I am not a middle aged man. No. Just no.

    What colors do you like to wear?

Black and red. I do live in Melbourne after all. (We wear a lot of black)

    What are some of the strangest outfits you have seen?

Look at what anybody is wearing down China Town these days - it's great fun, but I don't know if you would catch me dead in any of the fashions.

    What fashions do you hate?

Anything from the seventies was pretty dodgy.

    What are you favorite styles?

Casual, and the odd bit of Gap/Abercrombie and Fitch college wear. I really don't know.

    What do you think of body piercing?

I don't mind it on other people. Their bodies their holes.

    Do you like dyed hair?

I have dyed by hair for nearly forty years. So yes.


Today's Other Song:


3 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Pandora! I wear a lot of black too.
I also watch Mrs. Meisel Love that show! Loved your answers! Have a nice Sunday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

You are right, the fashions on Mrs. Maisel are great. There once was a time when people dressed up to leave the house but those days are long gone.

Stacy said...

My style is casual, too, but I do miss when people took a little bit of care with their appearance before going out. I can't say I'm a fan of folks going shopping, to school, or wherever in their pajama pants as so many over here seem to do.